Board index FlightGear Support Flying

IDG A320/A330 navigation display / autopilot HDG, TRK bugs?

Controlling your aircraft, using the autopilot etc.

IDG A320/A330 navigation display / autopilot HDG, TRK bugs?

Postby OE-LML » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:45 am

Hallo! :D

I'm not sure but I think there is something wrong with the navigation displays when changing from HDG to TRK mode (and back) on both planes.
Sorry I didn't make screenshots, so I'll try to explain.

Example:
I was flying with AP on and HDG mode set to 40° (mag). HDG window on FCU panel showed 40°.
On the ND wind was displayed with 317°/47kts (true). Compass rose was set to ILS.
Blue HDG bug and yellow HDG indicator were centered and on 40°. Green TRK diamond was on 49° (because of crosswind). VOR bearing pointer was at 281°. ILS course pointer was at 154°.

Now I changed to TRK mode on the FCU panel.
TRK window on FCU panel now showed 40° and the plane turned left to a track of 40°.
On the ND display the white TRK bug was centered, but the yellow HDG indicator disappeared and the green TRK diamond was shown at 49°!
The VOR bearing pointer now was at 290° and the ILS course pointer was at 163°.

Almost the same happend with VOR and NAV compass rose when changing from HDG mode to TRK mode.
VOR bearing and course pointer turned right by 9°. Green TRK diamond too. Also NDB bearing pointers increased by 9°.

Only ARC mode seems to be less buggy.
When changed from HDG to TRK mode, yellow HDG indicator is visible and TRK diamond is centered.
But there is no white TRK bug and no blue HDG bug (depending on mode). Bearing and course pointer values still change.

Another thing I spotted: If either HDG or TRK mode is selected and you change from ILS or VOR compass rose to NAV or ARC the little wind arrow changes angle.

When you change from HDG to TRK mode (and in reverse), in my opinion the following is the right behaviour:

The value in TRK window on the FCU should change to the current track that is flown. It shouldn't remain the value of the HDG which was set. Complete compass rose should rotate, Green TRK diamond and white TRK bug should be centered.
So the plane won't turn.
Green TRK diamond and yellow HDG indicator should always be shown, no matter if in TRK or HDG mode.
Bearing and course pointers should move with the rose, so bearing values shouldn't change. Blue HDG bug or white TRK bug should always be shown depending on mode.

I'm not too sure about that but maybe the little yellow plane should be aligned with yellow HDG indicator when in TRK mode.

The flight in the example was done in FL150 and with "Stormy Monday" weather.

My opinion is based on the following A320 and A330 CBT videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8b5IEp ... j&index=46 --->4:05

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArXvgrG ... g&index=10 ---> 5:12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-XmqGT ... Hj&index=8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziBJ1yl ... xg&index=5

As always thx in adwance and I'm looking forward to your replies.
OE-LML

Re: IDG A320/A330 navigation display / autopilot HDG, TRK bu

Postby Octal450 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:57 am

Hi,
Maybe it would be wise to put this into our development threads instead of making a new thread each time?

I'll check on this tonight and tomorrow, I'm preoccupied with other work now

Josh
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411
Version: next

Postby Octal450 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:25 am

Apologies, OE-LML, I had some system troubles today. My Windows decided it was a good idea to upgrade automatically to 1809 which destroyed my install... (Thanks Micro$oft!) I spent the day reinstalling 1803 and blocking 1809. 1803 work well for me, why they gotta change it..... :evil:

So I'll test this tomorrow.

Hope you understand.
Kind Regards,
Josh
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations

Octal450

Postby OE-LML » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:07 pm

Hallo!

Don't worry, take your time. "Some" bits and bytes are not most important in life.
As I said once before, I never intend to tell others what they have to do. It was more meant to be a report of a possible bug.

[...] I spent the day reinstalling [...]

Sounds like having great fun. :mrgreen: :twisted:
That company drove me crazy so many times too. It seems, since Billy isn't their boss anymore, they are getting worse and worse.

Btw: Do you plan to add FD in TRK/FPA mode?

Cu. :wink:
OE-LML

Postby Octal450 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:41 pm

Looks like the ND is the issue, PFD and Autoflight seem to working properly.

I'll look into the ND soon.

Kind Regards,
Josh

Octal450

Return to Flying