Board index FlightGear Support Flying

Scenery Paths for 2018.1.1  Topic is solved

Controlling your aircraft, using the autopilot etc.

Re: Scenery Paths for 2018.1.1

Postby dilbert » Tue May 29, 2018 2:27 am

Thanks once again for your patience and kind assistance.

On two machines have so far been unable to install scenery as mentioned above, but will work on it myself for the time being.
The scenery and path did install on the A-8 machine; and I am very happy to report Scenery seems to be working.
Am embarrassed to say, I had slightly missed the scenery area with the airport selection. Have now selected airports
throughout and gotten scenery. :D

Still can't get scenery to install in my I-3 and Celeron machines; but don't want to trouble you further,
at this time, as you have been most kind with the time already devoted to my original problem and post.

Best Regards
dilbert

Callsign: db1
Version: 220.3.19

Postby wkitty42 » Tue May 29, 2018 4:03 am

FWIW: it has been realized that not all scenery sites are using tar.gz, .gz, or tar files... the one i recently tested against is using .zip files which is why the test tile i downloaded wasn't showing up in the list and why it failed to install... until this is fixed and a new release made that contains the fix, scenery has to be manually installed...

it is no trouble for me to try to assist... i have the time right now but may get busy with RL and $JOB wherein i may not have time for testing and confirming or explaining what is going on... i've been providing technical support in a lot of areas for 30+ years, now... it is in my blood and who i am ;)
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby dilbert » Tue May 29, 2018 11:38 am

Thank you. You solved problem on my I3 machine. Unzipped 090w40n directly to Scenery; manually entered path using "+" function. Went to KCMX with Terrasync disabled, and Got scenery. :D :D
Really appreciate the help.
Best Regards
dilbert

Callsign: db1
Version: 220.3.19

Previous

Return to Flying