Board index FlightGear Support Flying

atis/vor not working

Controlling your aircraft, using the autopilot etc.

atis/vor not working

Postby helical » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:48 pm

Hi all ,looking for advice on getting the atis and vor at EGFF to work. Running FG on an MSI Titan laptop with 32GB of memory and GT1070 SLI video all running under Windows 10. I am flying the Cessna 172P supplied in the FG package and flying out of EGGD all is good. can select BCN on 117.45 Mhz and instruments work fine but on selecting CDF on 388.500 Mhz just met with silence.This is`nt a deal breaker as FG program is excellent and now trying to move on with navigation and local conditions when flying to an airfield
helical

Re: atis/vor not working

Postby disguisedelk » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:43 pm

CDF should be on 388 kHz as it is an NDB. Select the frequency in the radio panel, push the ADF key below it and you should see the direction indicated on the ADF compass on the bottom right of the main panel. Plus you should hear the morse code if you flick the ADF channel switcher to speaker mode. Also I just checked and there doesn't seem to be an ATIS service at EGFF in FG... there's Cardiff Info on 132.47 but as you say it's just silence. I did however get ATIS from Bristol on 126.02
disguisedelk

Postby helical » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:30 pm

Thankyou for the reply, another step forward and ADF is working and I have live metar data for EGFF. Many thank again for your time
helical

Postby helical » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:11 am

Hi,just a follow up to no ATIS at EGFF. The directory Flightgear/data/airports has a compressed file apt.dat.gz which on inspection contains a wealth of airport information for many airports ,EGFF ATIS being described as 50 13248 CARDIFF INTERNATIONAL. The ATIS frequency was wrong and should have been 132.47 Mhz ,so replaced entry with 50 13247 EGFF ATIS similar to EGDG entry and success ,we now have atis available at airport
helical

Return to Flying