Board index FlightGear Support Flying

En Route Messages

Controlling your aircraft, using the autopilot etc.

En Route Messages

Postby gkick » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:05 am

Hi,

en route message alerts

irrespective of FG version and aircraft and hardware, once the aircraft loads sitting on a runway, there
is a mesage displaying the airport id and after the you are on runway message.

sometimes I get another airport id message shortly before landing.

On some irregular occasions I get airport id messages once en route either ahead (miles away according
to the map) or when passing the en route airport.

That seems to happen more when the route manager is not active, but somehow seems erratic.
So the question is what triggers these messages as I do not seem to be able to trace it in a nasal
module nor anywhere else.

The second question is, could the particular code be adapted to not only show airports, but also fixes and
other waypoints once route manager is active? Guess this could be useful alerts in absence of vnav to change altitude if required.

Thank you
gkick

Re: En Route Messages

Postby wkitty42 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:14 am

can you post some of those exact messages, please? this sounds like you are seeing AIATC radio transmissions between the AIATC and the AI craft at that airport... if i'm correct, you are seeing them because yo have your radio tuned to that airport's TWR or GND frequency...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby Parnikkapore » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:37 am

Wait a second... Are the message white in a black/gray box or colored without a box?

(If the former, it's likely from the Glideslope boxes script.)

In either case, you don't have to worry about them.
There are free alternatives to every program you encounter. You just have to find them.
Parnikkapore

Callsign: HS-FGS
Version: next [PPA]

Postby gkick » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:58 pm

Hi all,

Thanks for the quick response. Please have a look at the link https://www.dropbox.com/s/g12vulabzai8g ... s.pdf?dl=0
And yes it appears to be the glideslope script, however nav1 is tuned to a localiser some 40nm away.
gkick

Postby wkitty42 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:28 pm

glidescope boxes script? i used to run with the glidescopes turned on but do not recall ever seeing any sort of messages related to it...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby Parnikkapore » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:02 am

Well, the actual menu item is "(toggle) glideslope tunnel". This is unrelated to NAV1; it just picks the best runway at the closest airport.
There are free alternatives to every program you encounter. You just have to find them.
Parnikkapore

Callsign: HS-FGS
Version: next [PPA]

Postby wkitty42 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:25 am

yeah, that's the one i've used... i've never seen any messages related to it, though... at least none that i'm aware of...

i do, also, understand that it is a different thing than the NAV1 problem...
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Return to Flying