Board index FlightGear Support Flying

Some aircrafts will not start the engines

Controlling your aircraft, using the autopilot etc.

Re: Some aircrafts will not start the engines

Postby Hubert35 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:35 pm

No, nothing happens when I press “s”. All my other aircrafts works perfect, though.
Hubert35

Postby wlbragg » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:55 pm

Your using the built in QT-Launcher?
Do you now, or did you already have multiple versions of the same aircraft in different drive locations and the QT-Launcher was made aware of all of them?
When you moved the aircraft folder to a new location and it worked, were the nasal errors gone?
Kansas and Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA, 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
Intel i7/GeForce RTX 2070/Max-Q
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020
Version: next

Postby tdammers » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:27 am

Another hint: some aircraft models are sensitive to the name of the directory you store them in.

This happens when the XML contains references to files relative to FG's root directory, e.g.:

Code: Select all
<path>Aircraft/dhc6/Systems/autopilot.xml</path>

And in fact, this is exactly what the dhc6 does. So when you move or rename that directory, then those path references will point to a file that doesn't exist.

Worse yet, if you have multiple versions of the aircraft installed, e.g., one of them in Aircraft/dhc6, and the other in Aircraft/dhc6-modded, then the latter will still load most of its XML files from Aircraft/dhc6 - so you end up loading a frankenstein of an aircraft model, with some files from one version and some from another.

The proper fix would be to change those paths; but that requires modifying the aircraft's XML files, so that's probably not a good solution for you. The workaround is to make sure the aircraft is stored in the correct directory (Aircraft/dhc6), and you have only one version installed in any of the paths that you told FG to look in.
tdammers

Callsign: NL256
IRC name: nl256

Postby AndersG » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:07 pm

tdammers wrote in Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:27 am:Another hint: some aircraft models are sensitive to the name of the directory you store them in.

Are not all aircraft sensitive of this? Are not all sensitive where the 3d model is stored (at least for MP display)?
Callsign: SE-AG
Aircraft (uhm...): Submarine Scout, Zeppelin NT, ZF Navy free balloon, Nordstern, Hindenburg, Short Empire flying-boat, ZNP-K, North Sea class, MTB T21 class, U.S.S. Monitor, MFI-9B, Type UB I submarine, Gokstad ship, Renault FT.
AndersG

Callsign: SE-AG

Previous

Return to Flying