Board index FlightGear Support Flying

I Just Want to Fly - Cessna 172 won't start.

Controlling your aircraft, using the autopilot etc.

Re: I Just Want to Fly - Cessna 172 won't start.

Postby wlbragg » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:04 pm

I'm now unable to reproduce the error.

I'm a bit confused, is it still and issue or did it work itself out?

At this point when your talking about launcher issues it seems to be something other than the aircraft?

Location matters, or should I say elevation. Manual start requires most of what the real life aircraft requires to get it started. You have to have mixture, fuel, mags, power, primer etc. all set correctly in order to start the aircraft. The mixture could need to be adjusted according to elevation. Even autostart requires the correct mixture per elevation. Not until 2018.3 does the autostart try to account for mixture at close to the operational ceiling.
Kansas(2-27-15)/Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA (2-27-15), 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020
Version: next

Postby Clemtaur » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:10 am

Worked itself out.. ..or should be lumped in with the Mint 19 install having missing dependencies. There -might- be an indeterminate state for the fuel select on first start-up.. ..but I doubt it. Thank you for listening to this noob flail about. Now I shall bash my head against FreeCAD running under Mint 19. Say, has anyone done any of the Foxbat or Kitfox aircraft?
Clemtaur

Postby alfredo091950 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:52 am

Yesterday I installed the last version, beautifull program BUT it`s very very very difficult to start engine the 172 cessna, when I click on the prime a lot of times and a lot of tries finnally the cessna motor start, BUT, nor my joystick nor my keyboard can drive the plane, the aircraft make all the time turns to the left and finnally crash, several tries, a lot of time trying to reconfigura the joystick, very disapointing software to me. This is my second installation of a second version of the software on windows 10 PC intel i3. The core of the program (fly) DO NOT WORK FOR ME
alfredo091950

Postby wlbragg » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:33 pm

Hi alfredo091950, sorry to hear your having so much trouble using the c172p.

First let me say there is usually some configuration needed in order to get FlightGear and your hardware to work correctly together. Ask specific questions and I am sure there are users that will help with support for your issues.

There are multiple ways of starting the engine in the c172p engine. Under Aircraft Options there is "Autostart", that will start the engine easily without having to do anything. There is also a choice for having the engine running on the next startup of the simulator, automatically.

If you choose to start the engine manually with the "realistic" steps needed to start an engine in real life then your expected to know how that is normally accomplished.

Under "Help" there are tutorials, one of which details the steps needed to start the engine manually. It will take you step by step through the startup process.

The core of the program (fly) DO NOT WORK FOR ME

I assume your talking about the built in launcher, we refer to it as the QT-launcher. Again, there is certain steps you have to take in the launcher before the "Fly" button will become active. One of then is to select the aircraft and location you want to fly from.

I just read this and was unaware of this feature. It is potentially an issue you might be seeing with your "Fly" button.
I thought maybe because I had an older version it wouldn't allow me to start (2018.1.1) but after installing 2018.2.2 it was the same.
It took me some time tinkering around and going through screens when I saw that the plane I had selected had an "Update" button next to it. After I pressed that, the Fly! went white.

See FG would not start
Kansas(2-27-15)/Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA (2-27-15), 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020
Version: next

Previous

Return to Flying