Board index FlightGear Support Flying

Route Manager freeze when I try to load a flight plan

Controlling your aircraft, using the autopilot etc.

Route Manager freeze when I try to load a flight plan

Postby I-NICO » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:35 pm

Hi guys,

I finally had the chance to set up my windows desktop and leave my macbook on a side :D

Everything is 10 times better but I found one very annoying issue: everytime I try to use the load button on the RM it freezes the whole thing, if I just click again anywhere the RM window disappear, everything is still freezed and resolution looks distorted. Only way to unlock it is a magic ctrl+alt+canc.

I also noticed that if I open the RM and click load as soon as get in the simulator it works perfectly, but even just changing view once will make it freeze.

I'm on windows10, i3 3.3Ghz, 8G Ram and nvidia GeForce GT1030.

PS. Computers are definitely not my thing but if needed I'll spend 7 hours :D trying to understand how to get a command line to attach here!

Thanks,
Nico
I-NICO

Re: Route Manager freeze when I try to load a flight plan

Postby Clive2670 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:31 pm

On Windows sometimes clearing CERTAIN parts of the %appdata% file will sort these things out. RIGHT Click on the Windows "button" (Bottom left) LEFT click the "Run" command, In the box type %appdata% then click OK, This will take you to a "hidden" folder on your drive. Look for the folder named "Flightgear.org" open it. Look for the file named "nav_data****_*.cache ( the ****_* will be the version of Flightgear you are running on your machine) Delete this folder to the trash can BUT ONLY this folder. (Empty your trash can) restart Flightgear, it will now rebuild the nav data cache. This may help as I've found it does for multiple issues! If it doesn't you may want to think about "copy and pasting" the "fgfs.log" file located in the same folder on this post and maybe one of the coders may be able to work the problem out.
Thanks Clive aka: G-BLS01, BIGJET1
Can be seen flying the Boeing 777-200LR
Toshiba laptop,
Intel i5 4210U,
16Gb RAM,
AMD R7-M260 graphics 2Gb RAM
Clive2670

Callsign: G-BLS01, BIGJET1
Version: 2018.1.1

Postby sp-lcz » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:16 am

Everything is 10 times better but I found one very annoying issue: everytime I try to use the load button on the RM it freezes the whole thing, if I just click again anywhere the RM window disappear, everything is still freezed and resolution looks distorted. Only way to unlock it is a magic ctrl+alt+canc.

I also noticed that if I open the RM and click load as soon as get in the simulator it works perfectly, but even just changing view once will make it freeze.

Hi, I have similar problem. After clicking on Load button on RM, click ALT+TAB to change your Window (somethinkg like second window with FG), you will find the window with possibility to choose your flightplan from file. After loading flightplan everything should work well.

BR
Lukasz
sp-lcz

Callsign: SP-LCZ
Version: 17.3.1

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:59 pm

yeah, having the file dialog open behind everything is a problem i see but i also run the sim fullscreen instead of in a window... i always have to ALT-Tab over to it... always... the same goes for several other of these similar file system related dialogs...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Flying