Board index FlightGear Support Flying

How remove C172 Wheel Chocks

Controlling your aircraft, using the autopilot etc.

How remove C172 Wheel Chocks

Postby philli444 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:33 pm

Really simple question from a beginner trying to go through the C172 Tutorial. Everything is fine until I get to the step to remove the front wheel chocks. Nothing I can think of seems to accomplish the task. Mouse clicks, dragging mouse clicks, keyboard keys, etc. I'm stuck. Running on an AMD PC with MS Sidewinder 2 Force Feedback Joystick. Any help would be appreciated.
philli444

Re: How remove C172 Wheel Chocks

Postby wkitty42 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:05 pm

you do just click on them... are you outside of the craft when you do it? use the walker or the V key to step outside so you can see them...

you can also use the CTRL-C to turn on the hotspot hilighting to make it easier to see where to click...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby philli444 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:24 pm

Thank for the reply. I did the Ctrl-C, and it turned on some grids, including one around the wheel. I think that the problem has to do with the scenery. The wheels look like they are submerged in murky water covering about half the wheel. I suspect that the chock is submerged below the "surface" of the murk, so I cannot see (or access) the chock to remove it. I'll try to post a link to a screen snap so you can see what I mean. Thanks again.

[https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipMyK1UI2zqXtw1ojdvP9kTyWsuWAV8pcQfBs41n]
philli444

Postby wlbragg » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:21 am

Why are you parked on "muck"? Where is your scenery? What airport are you starting at? Did you turn on File/Scenery download/Enable download/automatic update in the GUI to turn on Terrasync? If you are starting up in water, for an immediate way to still fly the aircraft, you can change to the floats in the "Aircraft Options" menu.

I can't get your link to the image to work.
Kansas and Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA, 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
Intel i7/GeForce RTX 2070/Max-Q
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020
Version: next

Postby PannaFG » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:06 pm

Ran into this same problem. The way I could get past that point is to open a copy of the checklists through Help->Aircraft Checklists->Preflight and then move to page 3 and then click on ">" against the "Wheel Chocks" option.
PannaFG

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:06 pm

It could be that your viewpoint is "below" the surface of the ground - it needs to be above the ground for clickspots to work.

Also, you need to click the chocks directly, not the wheel (if I remember correctly).
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Return to Flying