Board index FlightGear Support Flying

The commercial aviation in FG - statement

Controlling your aircraft, using the autopilot etc.

The commercial aviation in FG - statement

Postby PavlinSierra » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:55 am

Hello, Flightgear Community.
As all of you know - I am a commercial pilot. Yeaterday I post this in Discord:
Well, There is not transfer flights thru YSSY. Every transfer flight wants me to use A330 or A380. There is a transfer flight thru YPAD to OMDB. With 777. For the flight from NZAA to YPAD I have to use Jetsar airways with A320. Or A330, 787-8 or 777. And for the flight from Dubai to Sofia I can use transfer flight from OMDB to LTBA, again with 777. No flight of this with A320 at all. And for the flgiht NZAA-WSSS I have to use 787-9 or if I decide to do it thru VHHH I have to use A330. Or 777 again. From VHHH I have to take a flight to LTBA. With A330 or 777. If I do it from WSSS transfer flgiht thru OMDB with A380. And than, as I tell already 777 to LTBA than A320 to LBSF. So, how I supposed to make realistick flights with aircrafts that are the real ones in aviation for passenger flights when A380 does not work, 777 is too boaring for the community , A330 has bugs, 787- 8 and -9 are completely trash / sorry for this assasment/. A320 can not realistically do a flgiht from YPAD to OMDB without unrealistick fuel management! So, I am completely screwed - I have to use A320 fro the transfer in YPAD, Than 777 for 2 transfered flgihts from YPAD to OMDB and from OMDB to LTBa, than A320 again to LBSF.

Okay, what means that - situation is that 777 and A320 works. A380 can not do proper ILS landing - it is making bank angle on flare. A330 has speed lever problems and stalling. 787 stalls all the time , high pitch up after 10 to be honest.
My point is - is enyone cares for this long houl planes in FG?
Why I am asking - because one friend goes for 2 mounts in New Zealand. He wants me to do his flight in my youtube channel. So, I need aircrafts to do it. The going to there is already done and it is exporting. The came back is not possible on this mannor. It is possible, but with not the same route. So, I'll be grately appreiated of eny help with A330 , A380, 787-8 and -9 . Thiese are the planes needable for the back to Sofia flight.

A low choice of commercial planes in FG. Do not feel offend by my apenion. It is a facts only. So, let's concentrate on the important - why thiese planes has bugs and how can be fixed.
PavlinSierra
Retired

Callsign: PavlinS
Version: 2016 4.4

Re: The commercial aviation in FG - statement

Postby V12 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:16 am

You should write bug report to the authors or maintainers of that planes.
Fly high, fly fast - fly Concorde !
V12

Callsign: BAWV12

Postby PavlinSierra » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:21 am

I do this already , V12. Still not responce for now.
PavlinSierra
Retired

Postby D-ECHO » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:30 am

Just curious, what do ya mean by
I am a commercial pilot.
?
D-ECHO

Postby Thorsten » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:42 am

My point is - is enyone cares for this long houl planes in FG?

Apparently not to the degree you'd like to see. I mean, realistically to create a modern airliner with working instrumentation etc, we're talking at least 1000 working hours. Suppose a good coder makes some 30$ per hour (which is fairly low, but hey...) - then you're asking for a donation of 30.000+ $ here.

People might care for something, but to ask them to care to the degree to give away that amount is... perhaps asking a bit too much.
Thorsten

Postby Wecsje » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:52 am

IDG will do the entire airbus line up probably, so at some point we will do a study level a380 for example. This might be a bit far away tho, as we are working on the A320 and MD-11 at the moment (also a long haul, maybe an option for you?).

Regards,

Charlie (Wecsje)
Twitch Streams: https://www.twitch.tv/wecsjelive
Contact methods: Discord (Wecsje#6351), FlightSims United discord (https://discord.me/flightsimsunited), Steam (Wecsje)
Track me on VATSIM: https://vatstats.net/pilots/1397313
Wecsje

Callsign: WS208J
Version: Newest

Postby PavlinSierra » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:09 pm

Ya, Wecs, I know for the long haul, I was testing it. But it is not allowed to talk about it. We have to kept the secret. V12, I mean I fly commercial planes in FG. Of course that is a lot of money. But still if we were paying for this simulator I tough it will be good for dev.
My simple question is why most of the commercial planes in FG can not fly properly? I am not talking only for the Airbus. I am talking, for example 787. If I supposed to create a live flight with the same aircraft on the same places for my friend how should I do it when there is not enough commercial airplanes in FG that works and fly well?
PavlinSierra
Retired

Postby Thorsten » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:19 pm

My simple question is why most of the commercial planes in FG can not fly properly?

I find airliners usually boring, but even from my rather limited personal experience, there's several which did what I expected them to - the Concorde, the Connie, the Tu-154b, the 707 or the CRJ-700 would be an incomplete and completely biased list.

So perhaps you're trying the wrong planes?

I guess at least 4/5 planes in FG are incompelte/in development and just picking one or two will likely not give you the developed ones.
Thorsten

Postby it0uchpods » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:31 pm

+1 Thorsten

@PavlinS well, there is the MD-11, but also keep your eyes peeled for another long hauler....

But Thorsten is correct here. There is not one airliner in flightgear which is completely realistic. (Perhaps tu154b...)

But one day.... I hope to end that.

Kind Regards,
Josh
it0uchpods/WTF411

FGFS Aircraft Developer
Lead Developer at it0uchpods Design Group (Join our Discord!)
Download High Quality Aircraft from it0uchpods Hangar
it0uchpods

Version: 2018.3.2

Postby PavlinSierra » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:50 pm

Thorsten, I am not trying the wrong planes. I want to fly specific planes - 787 is a plane performing flight from NZAA to WSSS - Air New Zealand. I am not talking for just eny commercial airplanes I am talking for the real plane that performs the flight in the real aviation world. When I make flight I want to use the real plane - Concorde is not usable in the real aviation. I am talking for realism . the examples you gave me does not perform thiese flgihts in the real world. Yes, they work. But in the real aviation A380 is doing OMDB-NZAA and backwards. So , I do not need Concorde or eny other plane - I need the plane that performs the flight in real conditions. So, Your comment does not help with the issue.
PavlinSierra
Retired

Postby Thorsten » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:55 pm

My simple question is why most of the commercial planes in FG can not fly properly?

vs.

I want to fly specific planes

You do realize that these are quite different issues?

The question is now 'why does no one care about the specific plane I want to fly?' and no longer 'why are there no well-modeled airliners'? The answer is simple - you're out of luck. Maybe you want 'the real plane that performs the flight in the real aviation world' - but we don't have it. So you just need to deal with it. People work on what they consider interesting - if you consider plane XY interesting, maybe you ought to learn how to work on it yourself. That's how this works...

A380 can not do proper ILS landing - it is making bank angle on flare.

Oh, for the sake of it, just disconnect the AP and land the plane. It's really not that hard.
Thorsten

Postby PavlinSierra » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:03 pm

In order to show you I copy I copy some links:
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/nz282#ea02ab9
This is a flight of Air New Zealand. See it. The alternative is with A380 of Singapoure Airlines.
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/sq392#ea11a8c
Second leg from Singapoure to Istanbul. Same aircraft for the alternative.
Remember I told you that I can do this flight from YSSY and OMDB - See this link:
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/qf1#e9f5bbc
And as a connection to Sydney:
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/qf144#ea1d91b

I am not talking here for lack of Commercial planes - I am talking for lack of commercial planes used in real aviation world. None of the planes Thorsten gaves as un examples does not perform this flgiht in real conditions. So, please, before make eny thoughts see the links.

And I have try it this, you suggest Thorsten. Same issue.
PavlinSierra
Retired

Postby Thorsten » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:05 pm

Yeah, nobody has implemented what you want. You're out of luck. Just... deal with it. The Apollo spacecraft is also real - sadly we can't use it in FG either. Too bad... there's not every real air- and spacecraft fully implemented in FG - and that's a fact.

My point is just that your complaint now has nothing to do with the thread title.
Thorsten

Postby PavlinSierra » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:06 pm

Okay, Thorsten. Even witth entirely manual controll thiese planes do staff that is not supposed to do! So, cut off your proud and take some time think!
PavlinSierra
Retired

Postby Thorsten » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:13 pm

I dunno - I could fly and land the A-380 manually just fine when I tried it last. So maybe the problem isn't so much with the aircraft?
Thorsten

Next

Return to Flying