Board index FlightGear Support Flying

AI ATC

Controlling your aircraft, using the autopilot etc.

AI ATC

Postby camileck » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:36 am

Hi all, going through some Wiki articles and official manual I have noticed a mention about "kind of interactive ATC option". It is always said to tune radio to twr freq and start ATC with ' (single quotation) key. Unfortunately it is not showing any dialog options for me (screenshot). Tried on KSFO and KBOS. Is the feature still supported or maybe replaced by any other mechanism?

camileck

Re: AI ATC

Postby legoboyvdlp » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:19 am

Hey there,
It only works for a very few airports. I think EHAM is the airport at which it works best. There is some work on improving and extending this system, and there is an addon called SpokenATC -- you should be able to get the latest version from https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzzojF ... sp=sharing. I have never tested it yet, though -- no idea how to use it. It should be self-explanatory to install, though, and speaking of which I may as well install it at the same time :)
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby Hooray » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:38 pm

Something like this could be trivially implemented using the built-in Nasal scripting engine, and it could easily become much more complete and flexible than any hard-coded legacy system.

If in doubt, I'd suggest to check back with the Spoken ATC addon that is currently being developed by rleibner: http://wiki.flightgear.org/Spoken_ATC
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby camileck » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:26 am

Thank you for your help! I will definitely check what Spoken ATC offers!
camileck

Return to Flying