Board index FlightGear Support Flying

Starting position on carriers

Controlling your aircraft, using the autopilot etc.

Starting position on carriers

Postby Darkriser » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:49 am

How do I specify starting position on a carrier?
I'm aware of '--parkpos' and '--runway' switches, but where do I find all the possible settings for each carrier I can choose from?
Thanks a lot.
Darkriser

Version: next

Re: Starting position on carriers

Postby Icecode GL » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:00 am

You need to specify an AI scenario to load the carrier via --ai-scenario=<AI scenario name>. nimitz_demo is already loaded by default so you only need to use --carrier=Nimitz to start on the USS Nimitz. More information and how to start in other carriers in the wiki: http://wiki.flightgear.org/Howto:Carrier.
Icecode GL

Callsign: icecode
Version: GIT

Re: Starting position on carriers

Postby Darkriser » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:39 am

Thanks, I've read the wiki and I do NOT have problems starting a carrier scenario.
I would like to have more control over starting position of my plane once the scenario starts.

Few examples (mhab / Flightgear-Carrier-Upgrade installed):
1)
--ai-scenario=nimitz_demo --carier=Nimitz --aircraft=f-14b always places my plane on sea-level....I have to File->Reset the plane and then I'm correctly positioned on the catapult

2)
--ai-scenario=truman_demo --carier=Truman --aircraft=f-14b places my plane "somewhere", unable to see cockpit and control the plane, after File->Reset everything is fine, plane prepared for take-off

3)
just by accident, on this thread I learned there are parking positions hangar-1 ... hangar-4 for Truman carrier.

So my question is: is there a list of starting/parking positions for each carrier somewhere on wiki/forums/mailing list?
Darkriser

Version: next

Return to Flying