Board index FlightGear Support Flying

FG crash: "the final reference count was 1..."

Controlling your aircraft, using the autopilot etc.

FG crash: "the final reference count was 1..."

Postby powerclam » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:26 am

(reporting bug here as the issue-tracker is returning 404 at this time)

So my FG is crashing.
When I load a Flight-recorder tape and let it loop (hey, I need something interesting but not engaging to look at while I work :) ) it runs for 4 or 5 hours then crashes out.

The flight itself is a Noratlas2502 (fgaddon),
Departure from New Orleans Lakefront Airport (KNEW)
Destination is Stennis International Airport (KHSA)

When I look at the console, I see:

reading groundnet data from Path "/fatty2/00FlightGear/TerraSync/Airports/K/N/E/KNEW.groundnet.xml"
/00FlightGear/TerraSync/Airports/K/N/E/KNEW.groundnet.xml:5: invalid value for 'pushBackRoute': expected a string containing decimal digits only, but got 'None'
(repeats several times incrementing the integer)
(then a bunch of cool, interesting stuff that looks okay)
then:
Failed to load file: "Aircraft/B-25/Models/Effects/cranking/crankingL.xml" (a bunch of times in a row)
then
Gate doesn't seem to have routes associated with it.
unknown vasi/papi configuration, count = 1
Gate doesn't seem to have routes associated with it.
(these repeat in no particular order)

finally resulting in:
the final reference count was 1, memory corruption possible.
- - - - - - - -
my installation:
OS = Ubuntu Linux
HW = Lenovo ideaCentre 1ghz quad-core, 12 GB ram
Video = NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GT 635/PCIe/SSE2 4.5.0 NVIDIA 375.66
Started by = fgfs --launcher
- - - - -
powerclam

Re: FG crash: "the final reference count was 1..."

Postby wkitty42 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:54 pm

can you share that flightrecorder tape?

the errors you see about the "expected digits but got 'None'" are known and can be ignored... the ones about the gates are a ground net problem for whichever airport they are referencing... for now, they can also be ignored...

the last part about a reference count, however, is something that needs to be looked into... it has been suspected that there's (still) a few more memory leaks that need to be hunted down and hung by the neck until they are dead dead dead... your flight tape may be of assistance in finding at least one of them...

EDIT:

also, which Noratlas 2502? the one by Gerard ROBIN or the YASIM one by Emmanuel BARANGER?
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby powerclam » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:48 am

wkitty42 wrote in Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:54 pm:can you share that flightrecorder tape?

absolutely!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1QQh ... lM4OHUtVkE
(pleasedontjudgeme.fgtape)
(if that link doesn't work, let me know and I'll share elsewhere.)

wkitty42 wrote in Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:54 pm:the last part about a reference count, however, is something that needs to be looked into... it has been suspected that there's (still) a few more memory leaks that need to be hunted down and hung by the neck until they are dead dead dead... your flight tape may be of assistance in finding at least one of them...

EDIT:

also, which Noratlas 2502? the one by Gerard ROBIN or the YASIM one by Emmanuel BARANGER?

re: Memory leaks: yeah, pretty much sure there are some.
Memory use increases (slowly) till badness...

aircraft = org.flightgear.fgaddon.nord2502
I'm using the craft by Emmanuel BARANGER
I DO see this in the console during loadup:
"This aircraft does not use the latest yasim configuration version."

(My aircraft center shows a Nord-2501 by Gerard ROBIN, but either that plane has issues or I'm a much worse pilot than I thought - and I think I'm pretty bad :) )
powerclam

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:19 am

@powerclam:
i've loaded and run your flight tape for 5+ hours, today, and not had any problems at all with the loop... so far i can't reproduce your problem...

i'm on ubuntu, too... 14.04, though... 16Gig RAM with an 8core AMD processor... NVIDIA GeForce GT 730... using the nord2502 YASIM craft from FGADDON... will load up again and let it run for several more hours tomorrow...

if you would, please set your logging to --log-level=debug and run your scenario again... then save that log from your ~/.fgfs and make it available... this will create a large log that should, hopefully, give us more information to work with...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby wkitty42 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:22 pm

wkitty42 wrote in Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:19 am:@powerclam:
i've loaded and run your flight tape for 5+ hours, today, and not had any problems at all with the loop... so far i can't reproduce your problem...

i loaded the tape again early yesterday and let it run for some 12+ hours... still no problems :( ( or maybe that should be :) ? )
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Return to Flying