Board index FlightGear Support Flying

"Gate doesn't seem to have routes associated with it."

Controlling your aircraft, using the autopilot etc.

"Gate doesn't seem to have routes associated with it."

Postby js4444 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:56 pm

I'm working on a project wherein I send position and attitude data to FG 2017.2.1 via Simulink in order to simulate the landing of an aircraft at Edwards Air Force Base (KXTA). Each time I launch FG and begin sending data from Simulink, the simulation runs perfectly for a good 10 seconds or so, then FG freezes (spinning blue wheel shows up and "(Not responding)" appears at the top of the FG window. At the same time, my command window begins repeatedly printing the following error message: "Gate doesn't seem to have routes associated with it."

From Googling this error message, it appears that the error is commonly associated with AI problems, so I've disabled AI (using "--disable-ai-models"), but the problem persists.

Any help would be much appreciated!
-Jordan
js4444

Re: "Gate doesn't seem to have routes associated with it."

Postby legoboyvdlp » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:19 pm

Hey there. That means that there are parking positions, but no AI routes.
Also, Edwards is KEDW, not KXTA --> that's Area 51 (Homey AFB)!

Try launching at KEDW first, see if that helps.
Jonathan
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby js4444 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:13 pm

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for replying. I should start by saying that I'm very new to FG so my questions might be pretty basic.

I'm currently launching FG via the command window and specifying initial longitude and latitude coords rather than specifying an airport. However, when I took your suggestion and added in the command "--airport=KEDW" along with the long/lat coords I no longer got the "Gate doesn't seem to have routes associated with it" error, but FG still crashed (became unresponsive) 15 or 20 seconds into the flight. (Weirdly, there was one occasion where the aircraft made it all the way to the runway before the FG crashed, but every other time I've run the program it crashes at the same point 15-20 seconds in).

P.S. I'm sure you're right about KXTA being the wrong airport but the only airport listing for Edwards on the wiki page is KXTA for some reason (http://wiki.flightgear.org/List_of_developed_airports).
js4444

Postby wkitty42 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:29 pm

js4444 wrote in Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:13 pm:P.S. I'm sure you're right about KXTA being the wrong airport but the only airport listing for Edwards on the wiki page is KXTA for some reason (http://wiki.flightgear.org/List_of_developed_airports).

you should read that entry a little closer... that's "Detachment 3"*... not Edwards proper... the description may be incorrect... kinda makes one wonder where Detachments 1** and 2 are and if there are any others... at least it includes the phrases "Homey" and "Area 51" so folks know where it is... can't say that i've ever heard of Dugway (Area 52) referenced in a similar manner...

FWIW: KXTA was added 17 December 2014 by IAHM-COL...

* Edwards AFB Detachment 3 is an unconfirmed designation for facilities at Groom Lake, Nevada.

** Edwards AFB Detachment 1 is the aircraft manufacturing facility known as "United States Air Force Plant 42, Palmdale, California."
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Flying