Board index FlightGear Support Flying

How do I control with keyboard for the yolk

Controlling your aircraft, using the autopilot etc.

How do I control with keyboard for the yolk

Postby Di_llon » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:57 am

Hello, I am very new FlightGear and I dont have a yolk or joystick. I dont know how to go up and down after I increase the throttle and the planes starts to turn when I go full throttle and it crashes. Please help I am so confused.

Dillon
Di_llon

Re: How do I control with keyboard for the yolk

Postby Parnikkapore » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:52 am

In addition to the keyboard you can also use the mouse to control the aircraft. Just hit <TAB> once (The cursor changes into a plus sign) To pull the aircraft up pull the mouse toward you (=down!)

PS. During takeoff, the aircraft will want to turn left. This is normal, you need to steer the aircraft using the rudder. Use <0>/<Enter> or the mouse with the button pressed down.
There are free alternatives to (almost) every program you encounter. You just have to find them.
Parnikkapore

Callsign: HS-FGS
Version: next

Postby Di_llon » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:16 am

Thanks so much! You are the best! You helped me so much thank you.

Dillon
Di_llon

Postby curVV » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:24 am

To make things easier you can use auto-coordination (rudder & ailerons controlled together) by either starting fg with the option --enable-auto-coordination, or press Shift+L to toggle it on or off. It's good for take-off and landings, disable it once you've gained speed after take-off.
curVV

Postby Di_llon » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:01 pm

Thanks!
Di_llon

Postby wkitty42 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:58 pm

Di_llon wrote in Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:57 am:Hello, I am very new FlightGear and I dont have a yolk or joystick. I dont know how to go up and down

on your number pad, 8 pushes the nose down, 2 pulls the nose up, 4 rotates counter clockwise and 6 rotates clockwise...

there's also the help option in the F10 menu that lists sim general and craft specific keys ;)
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Flying