Board index FlightGear Support Flying

Altimeter Calibration

Controlling your aircraft, using the autopilot etc.

Re: Altimeter Calibration

Postby Robertfm » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:12 pm

Give it a rest you sanctimonious know it all.
Robertfm

Callsign: RFM1
Version: 2020.3.11

Postby legoboyvdlp » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:14 pm

Well - that just removed any inclination I had to help you with your issue. Good luck trying to find any help with that attitude...

It's always entertaining to see how people react when the facts are presented clearly. It tends to say a lot about the individual.
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby Thorsten » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:22 pm

So, let's summarize:

You asked a question.

You got a correct answer the first time.

You didn't understand that answer, so you got a more detailed answer. You didn't understand that either, so you got a really detailed explanation. That you understood, at which point you felt justified in getting personal about the fact that I dared to point out you had misspelled the plane (which created extra work for me). You felt the need to point out that an answer which I had never given in the first place was misleading, when I pointed out to you that I had never given that answer, you invented a poster which supposedly gave you the correct answer, filled in some other lines about my character shortcomings and we end with 'sanctimonious know it all'

Way to go, dude! Really - I'd be proud of my achievements if I were in your shoes.

Where I come from, the usual response to receiving a correct answer to your problem would be 'Thank you!'. And the usual response to having misquoted someone would be 'Sorry, my mistake.'

But, well, it's the internet. I know, different rules. Somehow here the people who get asked have the obligation to make you feel good, and if they fail in their task, aw- the dislike button threatens.

Frankly, I'd rather be the 'know it all' than the 'why should I bother to read what people tell me'
Thorsten

Postby Robertfm » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:42 pm

Thank you for proving my point now please go away.
Robertfm

Postby Octal450 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:25 pm

You asked for help. So you get answers.

Kind Regards,
Josh
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411

Postby Robertfm » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:46 pm

Stop interfering. The answers weren't to the question I asked. Then I get the Thorsten lecture as he's done to many others. All he had to say was use Instrument setting. Anyway eventually he di but it actually wasn't the question. Take a look at the first of my posts.
Robertfm

Postby Thorsten » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:21 am

The answers weren't to the question I asked.

So you might entertain the thought that you are actually not doing a good job explaining what your problem is - which is not everyone else's fault, and in particular not mine - and the fact that you managed to somehow read a 'Dialogue box' which I've demonstrably never written anywhere suggests that you might want to read the answers people give to you more carefully as well.
Thorsten

Postby Octal450 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:31 am

What a ridiculous man you are - you literally just went off target with strange accusations to Thorsten's response for no reason and now you blame it on him.

Kind Regards,
Josh
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411

Postby Robertfm » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:53 am

What is strange is that anytime Thorsten 'takes issue'with someone he adopts a condescending attitude of 'I'm right everyone else is wrong'. I have seen this numerous times over many threads I have been looking at. He usually starts from the premise that those asking questions based on their experience are simply imagining things, or what happened can't happen. It's deflates those who wish to seek help. I previously asked him some months ago not to respond to my questions because of this.

He is the only one who I have had this issue with. You have answered a number of questions I've posed and I have been grateful for that. My 'accusations' as you put it are far from unique.
Robertfm

Postby Thorsten » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:19 am

What is strange is that anytime Thorsten 'takes issue'with someone he adopts a condescending attitude of 'I'm right everyone else is wrong'. I have seen this numerous times over many threads I have been looking at.

What is genuinely strange is that Thorsten actually hardly ever takes issue with someone (in contrast to say, a certain attitude of not reading what others write - that he takes issue with) and that he also doesn't adopt a condescending attitude.

Rather, what happens is that Thorsten is actually right a lot of times, which makes people who don't want to admit they made a mistake feel bad, which they take out on him - so they invent some issue-taking, posts which never happend and other things to justify their reactions - and resort to name-calling when this is exposed in public.
Thorsten

Postby Robertfm » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:39 am

Then perhaps a change of style by you would help. If you know this is the end result.
Robertfm

Postby Thorsten » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:49 am

Yeah - change of style.

The facts of the matter still are that

a) your question was answered correctly
b) yet there was no 'Thank you'
c) you demonstrably misquoted me
d) you demonstrable invented a poster to not have to credit me for giving the correct answer
e) yet there was no 'Sorry, my mistake'
f) of the two of us, only you resorted to name-calling

If you come out of your private universe where answering your question without making you feel good about it is equal to a grave insult - and when you consider that you actually made a couple of pretty wrong assumptions (like assuming 1015 refers to ft rather than a pressure scale) - then you'd come to the inevitable conclusion that it's your style which hits a roadblock here.

It's not me who's been calling supposed character flaws while missing the common decency to thank for answers or admit mistakes - that's been you.

You would never ever accept your own behavior from anyone whose question you tried to answer.

So there's that.

(Your behavioral pattern is actually (and sadly) fairly common - see here for some background)
Thorsten

Postby Robertfm » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:19 am

Give it a rest, I would have said thank as I have always done to other posters. Sadly with you we never get to that point. By the way we could all post articles to reflect someone else. Try looking at yourself. Now for the 3rd or is it 4th time don't respond.
Robertfm

Postby Thorsten » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:33 am

Give it a rest, I would have said thank as I have always done to other posters.

Yeah, sadly fate intervened and kept you.. :D See, I didn't actually do anything to prevent it from happening - it was all your own decision to be rude. Which you hide in lofty words like 'we never get to that point'

Why didn't we?

Was I rude to you? Show me the wording where I started to insult you. I've done the exercise a few times, it always boils down to 'my attitude' - which, sadly, you can't really pin on anything in the text, because... it's not actually there. It's in your head - you imagine things about my attitude, that makes you read things into the text I've never written (remember, you actually quoted things I had never written?) and that gives you a justification to be rude.

Now for the 3rd or is it 4th time don't respond.

:D Please leave your private universe - this forum doesn't belong to you, this thread doesn't belong to you - if you don't want a response, simply quit arguing.
Thorsten

Postby Robertfm » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:38 am

I found an appropriate definition for you. Egomaniac.
Robertfm

PreviousNext

Return to Flying