Board index FlightGear Support Flying

Altimeter Calibration

Controlling your aircraft, using the autopilot etc.

Re: Altimeter Calibration

Postby Thorsten » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:43 am

More resorting to name-calling....

It never really solves anything though - it just indicates that you've realized you're wrong, but you can't admit it, so a front has to be opened.
Thorsten

Postby Robertfm » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:54 am

Wrong about what I asked a specific question and you took it off at a tangent. As for name calling, and your link wasn't. Why don't you just stop.
Robertfm

Postby Thorsten » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:40 pm

Wrong about what I asked a specific question and you took it off at a tangent.

It's called 'explaining some context'. It's a polite thing to do when you realize the original specific question is based on fundamentally flawed assumptions. Usually 'Doesn't work that way' without any context is not perceived as a sufficient answer by people.

As for name calling, and your link wasn't.

No, it actually was not. It's called 'explaining some context' :D There's nothing impolite about the link or its content - it explains the phenomenology and supposed background of some behavior found in the internet.

Why don't you just stop.

Largely because I don't see a reason to. It's in fact quite easy to make me stop - just admit that you've misquoted me a couple of times, apologize for the name-calling and we're done :D Nothing special - just a tad of common decency will do (note - I didn't even include 'Thanks for the answer' into the list).
Thorsten

Postby Johan G » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:04 pm

A number of posts were split off to the new topic Glider instead of IDG PA28.
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 3.0.0

Previous

Return to Flying