Board index FlightGear Support Flying

ND Glitch

Controlling your aircraft, using the autopilot etc.

ND Glitch

Postby MasteroftheSKIES » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:49 pm

Hello all,

I've been flying the Boeing 777 gracefully. I love it, it's a beautiful plane to fly. (I've been flying the Seattle "version" of the plane) I was practicing some autolands at KSFO and all was well...until...I noticed FG's framerate dropped drastically. I turned down the graphics settings but that did nothing. Then I looked at my Navigation Display and saw something I have never seen before. It was a blinking jumbo of what seemed like the number "8" and some other stuff. I never saw it before. It was blinking - every time it appeared, FG froze - I knew I had my culprit.

But what could be causing this absurd glitch:

Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!
I would use FSX but I use FlightGear because it's a project with goals.

Windows 7; Processor: 8 core 4 GHz; 8GB RAM; Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 (a pretty good graphics card if you're wondering)
MasteroftheSKIES

Version: 3.2

Re: ND Glitch

Postby Hooray » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:31 pm

massive AI/MO traffic all located within a very close proximity, given the selected range, so that TCAS TA/RAs are shown for each aircraft.

BTW: The fact that multiple aircraft are shown should no longer slow down things - we have optimized that bit a while ago - it just seems that there are no heuristics in place to disable/hide those symbols under certain circumstances - but that's something that we never worked on, I don't think such heuristics were part of the original code by Gijs & Hyde - but overall, it's just a matter of adding 5 lines of Nasal code and applying a "filter" to exclude certain entries.
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby Philosopher » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:01 am

@H, I don't think that (TFC layer) even got into mainline FGData, it's still in our clone... Definitely not the release. Sorry about this :(.

eheu! labor multum
Philosopher

Postby MasteroftheSKIES » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:20 am

Hyde, you're right - the actual traffic doesn't slow down FG, but the display on the ND.

Anyway, when I restarted FG, all was fine, so it was just a temporary problem. I think I pressed Ctrl+S. Anybody know what that does?
I would use FSX but I use FlightGear because it's a project with goals.

Windows 7; Processor: 8 core 4 GHz; 8GB RAM; Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 (a pretty good graphics card if you're wondering)
MasteroftheSKIES

Version: 3.2

Postby CaptainCrazyAviation » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:34 am

It happens to me I don’t know when also on the 777, but it just freezes and doesn’t move. I find it irritating. Even when I restart my computer it doesn’t work. This happens 95% of the time.
CaptainCrazyAviation

Postby V12 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:09 am

What FG version ?
Fly high, fly fast - fly Concorde !
V12

Callsign: BAWV12

Return to Flying