Board index FlightGear Support Flying

Stop crashing, fgfs.exe  Topic is solved

Controlling your aircraft, using the autopilot etc.

Re: Stop crashing, fgfs.exe

Postby Hooray » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:17 pm

If you can still reproduce the problem even after downgrading your scenery version, please do make sure to create a flight recorder/replay tape and attach that to the issue in the tracker
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby MasteroftheSKIES » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:50 pm

FG just crashed again, this time 10 nm out of KDFW. I have a 5GB RAM. What could be causing this?! I cannot fly! If it's the scenery, can someone please, please, tell me how to get the 1.0 scenery!

By the way, I didn't crash on FG until I decided to get the map out. Once I mouseovered "Equipment", (while paused!) FG froze and crashed. This didn't happen with FG 2.12. When I try to start FG 2.12, it says osg100-osgText.dll is missing.

I hate to sound really frustrated like this, but FlightGear is unflyable. You just cannot fly FlightGear with this glitch! Please help.
I would use FSX but I use FlightGear because it's a project with goals.

Windows 7; Processor: 8 core 4 GHz; 8GB RAM; Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 (a pretty good graphics card if you're wondering)
MasteroftheSKIES

Version: 3.2

Postby MasteroftheSKIES » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:19 pm

Sorry to sound frustrated, but please tell me how to revert to the old scenery! Thanks!

Windows 7; Processor: 8 core 4 GHz; 8GB RAM; Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 (a pretty good graphics card if you're wondering)
MasteroftheSKIES

Postby sanhozay » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:25 pm

Before you revert scenery, does it routinely crash when you reach the end of a route manager flightplan? Have you tried flying a route just using VORs and an ILS approach, i.e. don't activate the route manager at all? Can you take off, do a circuit and land back on the same runway without crashing? (I mean the program, not the plane).
sanhozay

Callsign: G-SHOZ
Version: Git

Postby MasteroftheSKIES » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:29 pm

It routinely crashes towards the end of the route, sometimes on decent, sometimes on final approach. I haven't seen any correlations though. I have not yet tried flying without the route manager; I will try that today. Yes, I can takeoff and land on the same runway and FG doesn't crash. It seems like when the scenery is loaded, there's no problem. But when it has to load during a flight - problems.

MasteroftheSKIES

Postby MasteroftheSKIES » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:34 pm

But can I still know how to revert to 1.0 scenery?

MasteroftheSKIES

Postby Philosopher » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:55 pm

The download website with the little tiles has the old scenery, terrasync has the new. Make sure to disable terrasync when using the old scenery, or it will try and redownload the new scenery ;).
Philosopher

Postby MasteroftheSKIES » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:52 pm

I use the little tiles for my scenery. But this didn't happen before FG 3.0.

MasteroftheSKIES

Postby Hooray » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:05 pm

as mentioned previously, reproducing this problem should become much more straightforward by using the "flight recorder" subsystem so that you can record a "tape", which you can easily run/replay and even post/exchange here.
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Hooray

Postby MasteroftheSKIES » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:06 pm

FlightGear crashes when I save a tape.

MasteroftheSKIES

Postby Hooray » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:16 pm

that's awesome ... is it always crashing or just sometimes ? Can you send a crash report (assuming you are on Windows) ?
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Hooray

Postby MasteroftheSKIES » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:23 pm

It always crashes. I can send a crash report, but not anytime soon - I'm in the middle of a test flight. I'm testing if FG won't crash under certain circumstances.

MasteroftheSKIES

Postby MasteroftheSKIES » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:35 pm

I'm starting to think more and more that it is the new version of the 777 - the 777Seattle that's causing this problem. I didn't have this crashing problem before I got the 777Seattle. Tonight, I'll fly with the regular B777-Seattle and give updates.

MasteroftheSKIES

Postby MasteroftheSKIES » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:15 pm

Sorry for all the replies - just landed at KLAX without using the route manager.

MasteroftheSKIES

Postby Hooray » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:16 am

ok, if you still cannot create a flight recorder tape, then, please save the route manager's flight plan to a file and attach it to the bug report, so that people can try to reproduce the problem this way.
It would also help to know if you can speed-up the whole thing by using environment/time
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Hooray

PreviousNext

Return to Flying