Board index FlightGear Support Flying

Boeing 777-300 won't autostart  Topic is solved

Controlling your aircraft, using the autopilot etc.

Boeing 777-300 won't autostart

Postby ImDed » Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:35 am

when i press "s" or autostart it won't, the buttons is pressed, but the screen won't turn on
ImDed

Re: Boeing 777-300 won't autostart

Postby Bulldog 1 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:43 pm

Sometimes it can get bugged when you try to "autostart" after hitting some switches. Does your problem happen RIGHT after spawning? Try spawning and pressing Autostart as the first thing to do

Nevertheless, i think you should try some checklist and tutorials onboard, the 777 is a quite simple but fun plane to start

Regards
It's not the plane, it's the pilot
Bulldog 1

Postby ImDed » Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:04 pm

yes it happens right after it finishes loading, also the tutorial won't load, it says "loading tutorial: checklist: before takeoff" but nothing happens.
i'll try following youtube tutorial, also when i activate battery power, nothing happens.
ImDed

Postby Bulldog 1 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:28 pm

ImDed wrote in Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:04 pm:yes it happens right after it finishes loading, also the tutorial won't load, it says "loading tutorial: checklist: before takeoff" but nothing happens.
i'll try following youtube tutorial, also when i activate battery power, nothing happens.

Does it happen with all 777 models? It might be that one in particular which is bugged. It is a weird bug. It shouldn't happen. I would say to check the aircraft model version and your flightgear version, but I'm assuming is updated...
It's not the plane, it's the pilot
Bulldog 1

Postby Isaak » Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:09 pm

There 's a bug in the 777 autostart function that I haven't been able to solve yet. Try hitting autostart (or 's') a second time when the engines start spooling down after the first unsuccesful autostart. The bug has to do with the engines lacking electrical power during the first autostart, because the generators/APU are not producing any when the aircraft is in a cold and dark state. Hitting 's' a second time when they start spooling down solves this because the generators of the engines spooling down are providing electrical energy that feeds themselves at second autostart. I might remove the current autostart function and replace it with an autostart sequence based on the checklists, like the 707 and other aircraft have, but that has the downside that it takes a minute or two before the engines are running.

I do recommend starting up manually (you can just follow the checklists, bindings and markers have been implemented for almost all functions), but I understand sometimes you just want to hit 's' and takeoff without running through the correct procedures.
Want to support medical research with your pc? Start Folding at Home and join team FlightGear!
Isaak

Pronouns: he, him
Callsign: OO-ISA
Version: next

Postby ImDed » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:41 am

Bulldog 1 wrote in Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:28 pm:
ImDed wrote in Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:04 pm:yes it happens right after it finishes loading, also the tutorial won't load, it says "loading tutorial: checklist: before takeoff" but nothing happens.

Does it happen with all 777 models? It might be that one in particular which is bugged. It is a weird bug. It shouldn't happen. I would say to check the aircraft model version and your flightgear version, but I'm assuming is updated...

i'll try some other 777 models, my flightgear version is 2020.3, also downloaded the 777-300 from "browse" tab.
ImDed

Postby Isaak » Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:26 am

No need to try another version, it's a known bug. See my post above.
Want to support medical research with your pc? Start Folding at Home and join team FlightGear!
Isaak

Postby ImDed » Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:19 am

Isaak wrote in Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:26 am:No need to try another version, it's a known bug. See my post above.

i see it, how do you change the cold and dark state?
ImDed

Postby Isaak » Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:13 am

If you mean "How to autostart the 777" so it runs (almost) immediately?" > See my post above

If you mean "How to start the 777 manually?" > Open the F10 menu, click 'Help' and select 'Checklists'. Run through them from 'before startup', through 'engine start' and 'taxi out' to 'before takeoff' (each of those has multiple pages, so click 'next' at the bottom before switching to the next checklist). That will get your 777 started up and ready for takeoff. Of course you can skip items like 'connect pushback' if you start on the runway. These checklists are based on real life checklists, and everything that's functioning in the 777 has been mapped with bindings, so you can click the '>' button in the checklist dialog without having to search for the button in the 3D cockpit. Keep in mind that e.g. the APU takes some time before it is running and provides electricity and compressed air to start the engines, so don't rush through items like that.

If you encounter any bugs in the checklists, please report them as detailed as possible so I can fix them (detailed is: what checklist and checklist item? (e.g. 'Before startup checklist, first page') What do you expect to happen? (e.g. battery should be switched on when I click on the '>' button in the checklist) What does happen? ('the battery button is not switched on and the aircraft stays dark'). Make sure to run all the checklists in chronological order before reporting an issue, because some items will not work if a previous checklist has not been completed.

If you mean "How to get the 777 running at startup?" > That is not possible yet. A few years ago I looked into implementing a state system to the 777, but I haven 't managed to get it working yet. It's somewhere on a very long todo list. Certainly below the 'fix autostart' item. Anyone wishing to implement it is welcome to step in :)
Isaak

Postby ImDed » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:54 pm

problemo solved. i need to free up (C:) and i uninstalled some games including flightgear, i reinstall flightgear in (E:) and when i autostart, it worked. dunno why
ImDed

Postby Lorenzo.Rebis » Fri May 19, 2023 10:15 am

Hi, Issak! I met a similar problem when start-up 777 in the air. Could you check out my post?
Lorenzo.Rebis

Return to Flying