Board index FlightGear Support Flying

Loading Routes

Controlling your aircraft, using the autopilot etc.

Loading Routes

Postby oly2b » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:03 pm

Recently I am having problems getting routes in to the route manager from the Export folder.
When selecting "Load" the Export folder is not visible ( I have to alt-tab to see it) and now the selected xml is not transferring to the route manager in FG,used to work fine.
oly2b

Callsign: G-OLYB
Version: 2020.1

Re: Loading Routes

Postby Johan G » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:18 am

There are several flight plan formats, even the ones created for FlightGear. What format is the file you are trying to load into the route manager?

As I understand it the AI and route manager flight plans are both XML formats, but not compatible with each other.
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Re: Loading Routes

Postby wkitty42 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:03 pm

oly2b wrote in Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:03 pm:When selecting "Load" the Export folder is not visible ( I have to alt-tab to see it)

this happens when the spawning of the external dialog does not stack itself on top of other windows... assuming you are running in a window and not fullscreen...

oly2b wrote in Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:03 pm:and now the selected xml is not transferring to the route manager in FG,used to work fine.

the profile panel on the right says you are running FG 2020.1... perhaps you might update to the latest version and see if your problem(s) have been fixed? i think the latest version is 2020.3.11... give it a try... it can't hurt too badly... besides, when newer versions are released the older ones are EoL except for the LTS releases...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Flying