Board index FlightGear Support Flying

Extra 500

Controlling your aircraft, using the autopilot etc.

Re: Extra 500

Postby D-EKEW » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:09 pm

The regression is that for (oddly only) one of the models, which has a <range> animation in the .xml file and an aircraft cache file (in the aircraft data folder) from a previous FG version is present, these particular parts don't show up.
Once the range animation is removed and the old aircraft cache file as well everything shows up.
Needless to say this only happens with 'next' / 2020.4.0 (hence regression).

Eric
D-EKEW

Callsign: D-EKEW, ELLX-TWR
Version: git

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:32 pm

ok but that's not a regression with FG... that's a problem with the craft... i can't say regression but it may be if the range animation was removed and somehow found its way back...

cleaning out the old cache files in aircraftdata is a manual operation and always has been... FG doesn't do anything with them other than to read and write them when the aircraft asks... when we were hot and heavy developing the c172p, we had to delete that cache file quite a bit because things were changed or removed that it stored and we'd see all kinds of weirdness with the craft...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby D-EKEW » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:46 pm

no, no the range animation was always there and has never caused any problems.
This is the same extra500 version that works fine on 2020.3, but fails on 2020.4. No changes. So regression.
i can solve the problem in 2020.4 by removing the range animation and the aircraft cache file.

Eric
D-EKEW

Callsign: D-EKEW, ELLX-TWR
Version: git

Postby D-ECHO » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:30 pm

The LOD system was changed iirc, thus leaving the property unset. I think it's best to simply remove the range animation.
D-ECHO

Pronouns: Bea (she/her)
Version: next

Previous

Return to Flying