Board index FlightGear Support Hardware

Tflight Hotas X and TFRP, Rudder Pedals Not Working Right

Joysticks, pedals, monitors.

Tflight Hotas X and TFRP, Rudder Pedals Not Working Right

Postby djenkins3467 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:54 pm

Hello! New user here to the Forum. I apologize in advance for what may be basic questions.....as I am new to flight sims and also the setup I am trying to get working. I am using Tflight Hotas X (Joystick and throttle), and having trouble getting TFRP rudder to input correctly. With just the Hotas X connected, all of the controls work ok, including rudder control by twisting the joystick, but as soon as I connected the TFRP rudder pedals, the rudder pedals seem to want to control the throttle. And the brakes dont work. Both are independently connected to a Windows 7 PC via the provided USB connections. It appears that the rudder pedal inputs are not being interpreted correctly by Flightgear ? I am ok modifying setup or code as needed to resolve this. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what settings and controls to check and modify so that Flightgear sees the rudder pedals correctly? Thank you so much for your assistance in advance!
djenkins3467

Re: Tflight Hotas X and TFRP, Rudder Pedals Not Working Rig

Postby TheEagle » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:58 pm

Plug in your rudder pedals, open FG, then go to Menu -> File -> Joystick configuration. Now move your pedals and observe which axis in the dialog has it's value changing - assign the rudder control to that. Then do the same with the brakes ! :)
Cessna 210 (Wiki)
My other aircraft: my wiki profile !
Other: FGTools (GitHub)
World tour: View on SkyVector
Please consider donating $1 / €1 to help me finance a new camera !
TheEagle

Pronouns: You, he
Callsign: F-EAGLE
IRC name: none
Version: Git next

Return to Hardware