Board index FlightGear Support Hardware

Honeycomb Bravo - Invert Axis

Joysticks, pedals, monitors.

Honeycomb Bravo - Invert Axis

Postby Olaf Rogat » Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:43 pm

Dear All,

I am new to FlightGear and to this Forum as well.

My System is an Ubuntu 21.10 Operating System running FlightGear 2020.3.6. Hardware is a HP Envy All in one Computer with a Nvidia-Card.

I am a lucky owner of "Honeycomb Aeronautical Alpha Flight Controls" and "Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant" and currently be working on specific xml-files to be used with the Cessna 172.
For now the xml-files seems to work fine with two exceptions (if somebody is interested I share the xml files). For these issues I am asking for help:

1. It seems to be that the number of switches is limited. Therefore, I cannot use all of them. In my opinion this is not an issue of Linux since I can identify all switches and axis using "jstest". Is there a trick to use all switches?

2. I would like to invert the axis of the Bravo Throttle Quadrant. I use the following code in my xml file to control the throttle-axis:

<axis n="0">
<desc>Throttle</desc>
<binding>
<command>nasal</command>
<script>controls.throttleAxis(1)</script>
</binding>
</axis>

The "1" in controls.throttleAxis(1) should have solved the problem but doesn't. It makes no difference to put "1", "0", "-1" or nothing as a parameter.

It would be nice to receive a hint how to solve this issue.
Thanks to everyone
Olaf
Olaf Rogat

Re: Honeycomb Bravo - Invert Axis

Postby SurferTim » Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:15 pm

The jstest calibration allows you to invert the input.
Select "Calibration", then check the "invert" box.
Edit: jscal should be kinda similar, except the min and max values will be inverted.
Fly low. Fly slow. Land on a dime. Twin Otter. https://github.com/SurferTim/dhc6p
My other aircraft is a Citation-X https://github.com/SurferTim/CitationX
PirateAir videos at https://www.youtube.com/user/SurferTim850
SurferTim

Callsign: Pirate
Version: 2020.4.0

Postby Olaf Rogat » Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:23 pm

Dear SurferTim,

thank you very much for your quick reply. I have tried "jscal" from the joystick package by entering the following

jscal -c /dev/input/js0

When the program starts, it asks you not to touch the joystick and then to move the axis to the minimum position, the middle position and the maximum position.
I tried this with minimum at the bottom of the quadrant and maximum at the top. And I also tried it with maximum at the lower side of the quadrant and minimum at the upper side. In both cases there was no effect on the working direction of the axis.

Is there no way to make these adjustments in Nasal? Maybe by making some small changes in controls.nas or engines.nas?

Thanks for further help
O. Roagt
Olaf Rogat

Postby wkitty42 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:58 pm

IIRC it is an option in the controller's XML file... a simple
Code: Select all
<invert>1</invert>

or similar in the right place, i think...
i think there should be something on the wiki... been too long a day, though...
or just use the in-sim F10->File->Joystick dialog and check the "invert" box...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Hardware