Board index FlightGear Support Hardware

Flightgear Mouse Control Issue

Joysticks, pedals, monitors.

Flightgear Mouse Control Issue

Postby bruzehual » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:32 am

Hello! I am new to flightgear, I just got a Sceptre 27 monitor and I am extending from my MacBook Pro 2020 base model onto it. I am able to open and use flightgear on the monitor but I have to drag the flightgear window to the monitor to use it on the monitor. When I hit tab or right click to control the airplane, my cursor is moved back to my MacBook, and I have a hard time getting it back to the monitor. It is impossible to get in control mode while on the monitor. Is there a way to fix this? I have been looking and searching around and can't figure it out.Tweakbox Appvalley https://vlc.onl
bruzehual

Re: Flightgear Mouse Control Issue

Postby csnizik » Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:57 pm

I found this when I was experiencing the same problem, and I finally figured out a solution. Hopefully this will work for you too:

Go to System Preferences > Displays > Arrangement and relocate the menu bar from the laptop to whichever display you're trying to run FlightGear on. (You relocate the menu bar by grabbing the white strip that is across the top of one of the displays and dragging it onto another display.) Then I had to go into my preferences.xml file and change the <screen> from 1 to 0, since screen 0 is now the external monitor I'm trying to use. When I relaunched FlightGear, it was displaying on the correct monitor and when I hit TAB to cycle through mouse modes, the cursor remained on the correct monitor.
csnizik

Return to Hardware