Board index FlightGear Support Hardware

yoke & rudder pedals, CH Products Flight Simulator Pro Pedal

Joysticks, pedals, monitors.

yoke & rudder pedals, CH Products Flight Simulator Pro Pedal

Postby Mr Biggles » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:28 pm

Its the "CH Products Flight Simulator Pro Pedals PPU995 & Yoke FSY211U USB PC" versions. (with the throttle, pitch & mixture knobs on the console) Does anyone know if this is supported, or where I can find a list of what is supported, please.
I'm currently using the mouse as a view controller & a Microsoft Thrust-master (no feedback model) & everything else from the keyboard.
Its having a few issues. Like turning (not banking, just turning) left uncontrollably on the ground (even full opposite deflection isn't enough to control it) & going into a left/down spiral in flight even with trim set & so on. I'm thinking separate rudder pedals & a yoke may be an answer.
This happen to a greater or lesser degree in any aircraft I've tried.
Mr Biggles

Re: yoke & rudder pedals, CH Products Flight Simulator Pro P

Postby Johan G » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:25 pm

I have the CH Products Flight Simulator Pro Pedals. While there is sort of a center detent that sometimes is annoying they are otherwise well built and weigh enough to not slip around on the floor. After owning them for a decade they still work great (I have had a few years when I had been working too much to have energy left for fun things though). Would recommend.

Both devices you mention are USB HID devices that will work right out of the box without installing additional software, though installing it will help calibration. One thing to keep in mind is that when installing it the numbering of the buttons might change. I had that issue with the CH Products Combatstick and Pro Throttle. As I had set up my FlightGear configuration files before trying out the CH Control Manager, I had to do the configuration again (this was a decade ago and FlightGear 2.0.0, IIRC before one could easily do that through the joystick configuration dialog.)

Having rudder pedals and differential toe brakes makes a huge difference, in particular when taxing, during crosswind landings and takeoffs, and when flying helicopters. If you can afford it I highly recommend getting pedals as that will open up a whole new world for you.
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Re: yoke & rudder pedals, CH Products Flight Simulator Pro P

Postby Mr Biggles » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:33 pm

Great thanks.
I had an older RS232 set years ago & liked then. as you say its way more control & crossed control.
I have the USB yoke (3 lever pitch, mixture, throttle version) & pedals on order!
Supposedly CH has some software you can download to manage & assign buttons & switches! I'll get that when they actually arrive. There's also a "joystic config table" in Flight gear which seems promising.
Mr Biggles

Return to Hardware