Board index FlightGear Support Hardware

Thrustmaster TFRP Pedal Brake assignment

Joysticks, pedals, monitors.

Thrustmaster TFRP Pedal Brake assignment

Postby Cardrona » Sat May 18, 2019 5:00 pm

Hello, I'm new to Flightgear and XML coding. My Hardware and software :
Windows 10
FlightGear 2018 3.2
Thrustmaster Hotas 4 with TFRP Pedals connected to the flightstick.

So far I have from previous posts in this section (january 2019), I have modified the 2 files to make The RH brake assignment appear in the Joystick configuration window and assigned to the RH brake pedal.

Now I cannot (and never have) seen any movement on any axis in the Joy stick configuration window. for the LH Brake pedal. Any information how to do this would be appreciated ?
The pedal brake shows movement on the thrustmaster consul in windows as axis RY. I have tried to find js_demo on my system to look at the button/axis numbers but cannot find it in 2018 3.2 on my computer nor in the place indicated in the Flightgear manual.

I also have another question. Having set up the RH Brake pedal above I noticed it acts like a parking brake ie full on and I cannot switch it off unless i use the key board. Are there plans to make these pedals gradual ie more like an automobile footbrake ?

Differential breaking can be used with tail draggers at low speed. to keep them from wandering on the runway until the ruder becomes effective. (I only have the one throttle lever so so setting differing engine powers on the fly is difficult)

Hope you can help Chris
Cardrona

Return to Hardware