Board index FlightGear Support Hardware

Screen glitch

Joysticks, pedals, monitors.

Screen glitch

Postby Robertfm » Sun May 05, 2019 2:46 pm

I have just upgraded to a new gaming computer. A vast improvement on my laptop however I have an issue which is odd. When click on some, not all, drop down menu the screen glitches for a micro second. It never did this before is it a settings issue either in FG or Computer. Any help welcome. Hope this is the right threads
Robertfm

Re: Screen glitch

Postby sim » Mon May 06, 2019 10:02 am

How annoying ! Try uninstalling Flightgear and instal an earlier Flightgear version and see if problem is still present. If so you can rule out Flightgear and do some stress tests on your computer to track the glitch down. :wink:
sim

Callsign: Fly4Fun
Version: 0.9.10 up

Postby Robertfm » Mon May 06, 2019 3:59 pm

Thanks for your reply. I reduced the resolution of the culprit monitor that stopped it. However I also have another glitch my Plan Yoke now has a tremor and is recording in the numbers below. It's not there when I unplug my Saitec Yoke. However if I disengage the aileron & elevator then re engage them it goes away. Only to come back when I first load. Again this didn't happen before.

Any ideas welcome
Robertfm

Postby wkitty42 » Thu May 09, 2019 2:04 am

have you tried to calibrate your yoke since you are using it on a different system?
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby Robertfm » Thu May 09, 2019 9:52 am

Yes, using joy.cpl . It appears to be working as it should. However what I did notice is that the Aileron axis (x) was never zero even when the yoke was at rest in level flight. Strange when I disconnected my yoke the activity remained in the Joystick calibration menu.

I have tried to alter the dead zone to stop it which it has but I now have a wide inactive left and right dead zone.

I have also noticed this morning that when my Saitek Yoke is in the centred position the readings on the calibration menu are both at zero in X/Y axis however the planes yoke is roted left about 5 degrees. Lastly when I unplug and plug the Yoke back in and refresh the settings the 'tremor' goes although the plane yoke is still off centre.

Any other suggestions appreciated.
Robertfm

Return to Hardware