Board index FlightGear Support Hardware

CH PRO PEDALS USB

Joysticks, pedals, monitors.

CH PRO PEDALS USB

Postby StuartC » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:53 pm

CH PRO PEDALS USB.

I have been given a set of these to use. I plug them in , FG Stick configurator finds them and shows me im using CH PRO PEDALS USB.
All good, but not quite.

When using the pedals, the toe brakes work fine but for rudder use it appears to have only 0 or 100% rudder in ether direction. There is no proportional ruder control.
I presume FG reads the stick config for them from data\Input\Joysticks\CH\ as its not creating an XML file for them in my AppData\Roaming\flightgear.org\Input\Joysticks folder.

Anyone else with a set of these pedals who can shed some light on the config for them ?
StuartC

Callsign: WF01
Version: 2019.1

Re: CH PRO PEDALS USB

Postby AndersG » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:39 am

Looking at them using your operating system's joystick calibration tool might be a good start - there could be some sort of hardware problem with the pedals or just a very poor calibration.
Callsign: SE-AG
Aircraft (uhm...): Submarine Scout, Zeppelin NT, ZF Navy free balloon, Nordstern, Hindenburg, Short Empire flying-boat, ZNP-K, North Sea class, MTB T21 class, U.S.S. Monitor, MFI-9B, Type UB I submarine, Gokstad ship, Renault FT.
AndersG

Callsign: SE-AG

Postby enrogue » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:24 am

Hi Stuart - I have these & they are picked up automatically with 3 axes (left brake, right brake, rudder)

Do you have any special drivers installed? I just checked with Windows 10 with no drivers & they worked fine (same as Mac/Linux), and I checked with 'Set up USB game controllers' in windows to check the calibration

Mine only have something that locks behind the pedals to stop the rudder bit moving to convert between car & plane mode, but some have a switch - is there any switch on yours?
enrogue

Callsign: enrogue

Postby StuartC » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:11 pm

No switch but I removed them and plugged them back in on a faster USB port and they appear to calibrate properly this time.
StuartC

Postby enrogue » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:59 pm

OK - I've had odd issues with my set (I have the CH Fighterstick USB as well) when they aren't getting enough power from the USB port - it could be that

They (the CH kit) are analogue so they seem to be sensitive to power issues & noise from the USB port/hub
enrogue

Callsign: enrogue

Postby StuartC » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:00 pm

I had them in a front USB port which is a part of the pc case, now thay are on the ports at the back directly on the Motherboard
StuartC

Return to Hardware