Board index FlightGear Support Hardware

FPS Issue

Joysticks, pedals, monitors.

Re: FPS Issue

Postby wkitty42 » Sat May 26, 2018 6:12 pm

rrkrishnan wrote in Sat May 26, 2018 6:05 pm:Is there any other modifications to do? Please advice...

when you deselected Rembrandt, what did you chose? ALS (Advanced Light Scattering) or Basic Renderer?
there's probably not much more to turn off or reduce... i've flown my (desktop) system with 15fps for a long time... at one point, i was happy just to get 10fps... a new video card helped with that but it is not so easy to swap out video cards in laptops if they can even be swapped out to start with...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby Thorsten » Sat May 26, 2018 6:17 pm

Is there any other modifications to do?

Depends... what framerate do you want? The next big thing to try is to lower the tree density.
Thorsten

Postby wkitty42 » Sat May 26, 2018 6:27 pm

that's the Vegetation entry in the F10->View->Rendering_Options->Scenery_Layers section, right?

FWIW: we're using "Low Density" vegetation over here and with Vegetation Shadows disabled...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby rrkrishnan » Sun May 27, 2018 3:02 pm

Ok...
rrkrishnan

Previous

Return to Hardware