Board index FlightGear Support Hardware

Calling joystick file in the aircraft-set.xml file  Topic is solved

Joysticks, pedals, monitors.

Calling joystick file in the aircraft-set.xml file

Postby mrostami » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:14 pm

I am trying to call my joystick file from aircraft-set.xml file but it doesn't go through the file and the default file from input directory called by flightgear as default . I can run the joystick file by putting its file into the input directory but I want to call the file from another directory instead of input which is the default folder for flightgear.Is there anybody can help me, please.
I used the following code in my aircraft-set.xml file.

<input>

<js n="0" include="Joystick/xbox-360-controller.xml"/>

</input>
mrostami

Re: Calling joystick file in the aircraft-set.xml file  

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:29 am

you cannot (should not even try to) set controllers from the aircraft... that's like trying to set the weather from the aircraft or bringing your own scenery... don't do that...

you are trying to set a controller so use the controllers area to do so as intended... that area is the input directories, both public and private... there are some rules, though... mainly that your controller should be recognized by your OS and that it should exhibit a name that FG knows... if there exists a file for your controller but FG is not loading it, check that the contains the name of the controller as returned by your OS... some manufacturers insist on changing the name in subtle ways and prevent the file from loading... a simple edit to add the proper name to the file and off ya go :)
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Hardware