Board index FlightGear Support Hardware

GAME CRASH NEED HELP PLS

Joysticks, pedals, monitors.

Re: GAME CRASH NEED HELP PLS

Postby Bulldog 1 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:30 pm

Necolatis wrote in Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:15 pm:If you fly in MP, try sure to switch off MP sounds, they have tendency to crash FG sadly.

The Crash also happens with Singleplayer, With everyplane, with every setting
It's not the plane, it's the pilot
Bulldog 1

Postby Bulldog 1 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:32 pm

Alant wrote in Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:50 pm:The log also has this, just before the exit was requested:-
nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:449:flaps overspeed!
nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:449:103.6064711699826
nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:449:bend
nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:449:bend
nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:449:break
input:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_scene_commands.cxx:76:Program exit requested.

I do not know what the "bend" refers to.

Is it all related to the flap overspeed message?

Does the computer have a graphics processor (GPU), and is this being used?

Alan

Not sure, how can I check it?
Bulldog 1

Postby bugman » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:55 pm

Does it crash if you use the UFO?

Regards,
Edward
bugman

Version: next

Postby wkitty42 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:04 pm

i note that the log indicates...

1. the craft is the F-86
  2. the F-86 needs some love
    1. unknown volume type (default to "lin")
    2. dependency on the Hunter craft for a click sound
      Code: Select all
      FGAddon/Aircraft/F-86/Sounds/F-86-sounds.xml:        <path>Aircraft/Hunter/Sounds/click.wav</path>
      FGAddon/Aircraft/F-86/Sounds/F-86-sounds.xml:        <path>Aircraft/Hunter/Sounds/click.wav</path>
    3. missing local previews
  3. AI traffic is apparently enabled
  4. and it looks like there was some damage(?) to the craft while flying (flaps) but maybe not
    nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:449:flaps overspeed!
    nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:449:103.6064711699826
    nasal:5:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Scripting\NasalSys.cxx:449:break
    input:3:G:\Jenkins\workspace\Windows-release\flightgear\src\Main\fg_scene_commands.cxx:76:Program exit requested.
  5. before the exit was requested...

i took her up for a quick spin... squirrelly li'l thing! i landed very smoothly but at 200+ kts... ran out of runway burning up the brakes but not too awful badly :lol: i was trying to work out the trim to let her fly level without gaining altitude with the stick in neutral position... she kept leaning left so i was also hunting for that trim on my joystick... i might try it again and maybe this time i'll fly it from the cockpit instead of from the helicopter view (which was a first for me!) :)

remember, too, that flightgear is a simulator... not a game ;)
Last edited by wkitty42 on Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby wkitty42 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:08 pm

Bulldog 1 wrote in Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:30 pm:
Necolatis wrote in Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:15 pm:If you fly in MP, try sure to switch off MP sounds, they have tendency to crash FG sadly.

The Crash also happens with Singleplayer, With everyplane, with every setting

the log didn't indicate a crash on this one... it specifically says that exit was requested... that means that either the ESC key was hit followed by the SPACE or ENTER keys or that File->Quit was selected (same exit dialog)... either way, this was a normal shut down of the simulator...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby bugman » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:21 pm

Could the crash be an actual crash of the aircraft, rather than a program crash? As this is not a game but a simulation, if your crash your aircraft, you won't be able to fly any more.

Regards,
Edward
bugman

Postby Bulldog 1 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:26 pm

bugman wrote in Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:55 pm:Does it crash if you use the UFO?

Regards,
Edward

I have ben fliyng for a long time and nothing happens
Bulldog 1

Postby wkitty42 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:28 pm

@bugman, that's what i'm kinda thinking, too... especially with those "flap overspeed" lines... i was really surprised that i didn't crash mine when i tried to land at such a hight speed but i brought it in very level... bucking across ground at 50kts apparently didn't cause too much damage, either :lol:

but the first time i tried it, i didn't have my joystick in place... when i did reach out and twist it to try to turn, i ran into a building and yeah, the craft crunched and wouldn't do anything else so i had to exit and reload to try again...
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby wkitty42 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:29 pm

Bulldog 1 wrote in Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:26 pm:I have ben fliyng for a long time and nothing happens

yup, the UFO will fly through anything... even the ground so you can look underneath... most aircraft, on the other hand, will crash and get damaged... when that happens, it is over and you have to exit the sim and start again... in real life, the exiting of the "sim" isn't quite so fun or easy ;)
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby Bulldog 1 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:39 pm

wkitty42 wrote in Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:04 pm:i note that the log indicates...

1. the craft is the F-86
  2. the F-86 needs some love
    1. unknown volume type (default to "lin")
    2. dependency on the Hunter craft for a click sound
    3. missing local previews
  3. AI traffic is apparently enabled
  4. and it looks like there was some damage(?) to the craft while flying (flaps) but maybe not
  5. before the exit was requested...

i took her up for a quick spin... squirrelly li'l thing! i landed very smoothly but at 200+ kts... ran out of runway burning up the brakes but not too awful badly :lol: i was trying to work out the trim to let her fly level without gaining altitude with the stick in neutral position... she kept leaning left so i was also hunting for that trim on my joystick... i might try it again and maybe this time i'll fly it from the cockpit instead of from the helicopter view (which was a first for me!) :)

remember, too, that flightgear is a simulator... not a game ;)

I know, i was fliying with the sabre in that moment, but it crash with these planes that I tested: a32(-family and family) a-10, 707 (less than normal with this plane IDK) and some times the bug ''gets triggered'' and everytime I start the game It shoot me down with the crash EVERYTIME and i have to restart the PC
Bulldog 1

Postby bugman » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:52 pm

Do you get a Windows Error Report for everything you call a crash?

Regards,
Edward
bugman

Postby Bulldog 1 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:02 pm

@bugman I dont understand, It appaers Flightgear has sttoped working in a window called Crash report.
Bulldog 1

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:11 am

that's what he's talking about... you should not have to restart the machine just because you get a crash report...

however, i will ask, have you checked that your memory is all in good shape and not faulty? if not, go grab a boot disk with memtest86+ on it and run it... leave it to run for several full loops... it has a lot of tests that it runs and you cannot do anything else on the machine... if you have bad ram, it should find it... it may take hours and hours to run but it is better to be sure you have good ram than to keep limping along crashing all the time...
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby wlbragg » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:17 am

Sounds like too little memory. You can open the task manager and watch the system monitor. Watch the RAM usage, you will more than likely see a gradual increase in RAM used until FlightGear crashes and then your memory returned. I suspect this is your problem, especially if your seeing this with all aircraft other than the UFO. Or even the UFO after extended use.

You do have some options.
1) Use the older, lower resolution scenery.
2)Optimize FG to use less memory.

There are several forum threads detailing this and also plenty of FlightGear Wiki information on this subject.
It's going to take some searching in both the Wiki and forum unless someone else can readily point you to the specific information.
Kansas and Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA, 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
Intel i7/GeForce RTX 2070/Max-Q
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020

Postby Bulldog 1 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:16 am

wkitty42 wrote in Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:11 am:that's what he's talking about... you should not have to restart the machine just because you get a crash report...

however, i will ask, have you checked that your memory is all in good shape and not faulty? if not, go grab a boot disk with memtest86+ on it and run it... leave it to run for several full loops... it has a lot of tests that it runs and you cannot do anything else on the machine... if you have bad ram, it should find it... it may take hours and hours to run but it is better to be sure you have good ram than to keep limping along crashing all the time...

I have a 75% of free space in the local disk C
Bulldog 1

PreviousNext

Return to Hardware