Board index FlightGear Support Hardware

Intermittent stick disconnect with Warthog HOTAS

Joysticks, pedals, monitors.

Intermittent stick disconnect with Warthog HOTAS

Postby mariner3302 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:26 pm

This is my first post so please be gentle! lol

Regardless of what the aircraft is there is as the title says, an occasional loss of stick control. It only lasts a second or so, just enough for the nose to drop then it recovers. It happens regardless of control stick position or the aircraft's AOA, airspeed, altitude, weather, location, etc... It is not a stall, that is certain. Everything else works with no issues. I did extend the stick off the warthog base about a foot. It only happens in Flightgear, not in DCS or War Thunder. Anyone have an idea what's going on? I tried searching but didn't find anything. Maybe I'm not explaining it correctly...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/08urd9hzjxkkb ... 5.jpg?dl=0
mariner3302

Re: Intermittent stick disconnect with Warthog HOTAS

Postby sim » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:52 pm

Run js_demo with your Warhog stick plugged in and see if <axis n="1"> your elevator gives smooth transition through the range +1 to -1 paying particular attention passing through zero (level elevator) position. May be shaky elevator performance?
You could also find your joystick in control panel/ printers & devices and see if setting up deadzones helps.
You could do the same by editing your Warthog HOTAS xml elevator script. See if increasing the dead band improves things.
<axis n="1">
<desc>Elevator:</desc>
<tolerance type="double">0.02</tolerance> <dead-band type="double">0.04</dead-band>
<binding> <command>property-scale</command>
<property>/controls/flight/elevator</property>
<offset type="double">0.0</offset>
<factor type="double">-1.0</factor>
<squared type="bool">true</squared>
</binding>
</axis>
sim

Callsign: Fly4Fun
Version: 0.9.10 up

Postby hamzaalloush » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:47 pm

There are two xml files for the Warthog, I recently updated the joystick file, while i haven't updated the throttle xml, which i believe as a seperate device is what's causing this, as the identifier reported for the throttle by Windows 10 to be different than used in the throttle xml file, in this case <name>Throttle - HOTAS Warthog</name> should be used in $FGData/Input/Joysticks/ThrustMaster/Warthog/Warthog-Throttle.xml, this might be your slew mouse on the back of throttle overriding your controls.
hamzaalloush

Postby Clive2670 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:43 pm

Anyone know if there is a xml file for HOTAS X for 777 reverse thrust on (any) button?
Thanks Clive aka: G-BLS01
Can be seen flying the Boeing 777-200LR
Toshiba laptop,
Intel i5 4210U,
16Gb RAM,
AMD R7-M260 graphics 2Gb RAM
Clive2670

Callsign: G-BLS01
Version: 2018.3.1

Return to Hardware