Board index FlightGear Support Hardware

Steam Contoller Suport

Joysticks, pedals, monitors.

Steam Contoller Suport

Postby Bochenski » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:24 pm

Hi, I'm preety new at this sim, and since I started playing whit X-Plane 8, I wanted to buy a Joystick. However, some people said to me that they were quite fragile. Now, I discovered Steam Controller and some people say that is good for flight simulators, so... ¿Anyone has used it yet? I'm not frigtened about configurating it, I just want to know if somebody could implement all the functions. I mean, mouse and gamepad mode, and the gyroscope (for boeing planes). Thanks in advance.

Sorry for my bad english
Bochenski

Re: Steam Contoller Suport

Postby oscar6662 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:33 pm

If you wanna play GTA that thing is cool but for 50€ you can get a cool logitech joystick
Todo bien todo correcto? Y yo que me alegro!!!
#keepKSFO

Sir. Berenguer
oscar6662

Callsign: AA2234
IRC name: N/A
Version: 3.4.0.

Re: Steam Contoller Suport

Postby PINTO » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:37 pm

Joysticks aren't that fragile. I have one (Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2) that's lasted for well over a decade and is still going strong. Originally bought for $15.00. Heavily used while playing Tachyon: The Fringe in the early 2000's.

My X52 has been good for a solid 6 months with no issues.

That said, no experience with the Steam controller. I've been wanting to get one for my RetroPie, although for flight sims I think a good HOTAS or yoke+throttle and rudder pedals will beat it any day. You should be good with mapping out stuff, although it won't be able to map everything.
Actively developing the MiG-21bis (github repo) (forum thread) (dev discord) (fg wiki)

http://opredflag.com is an active flightgear dogfighting community (using a system that isn’t bombable)
PINTO

Callsign: pinto
Version: stable

Return to Hardware