Board index FlightGear Support Hardware

Joystick Button Configaration  Topic is solved

Joysticks, pedals, monitors.

Re: Joystick Button Configaration

Postby Robertfm » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:56 pm

Thanks, however when I do it that way the keyboard doesn't open. When I use quick set and press a button the keyboard opens and I can use a key. I watched several videos and it shows the method you describe but the version I've got which is 2.23 doesn't do it that way. It's not a big deal as I will only occasionally use this.

Edit: Just ran through it again following your detail and it seems to be fine now. Previously the highlight was staying on but now it doesn't. Thanks again.
Robertfm

Callsign: RFM1
Version: 2020.3.11

Postby flnsct01 » Fri May 14, 2021 1:56 pm

V12 wrote in Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:26 pm:OK, here is short manual for AM. Ignore please blue highlight on Axis 3 - I have zero deadzones on my joystick
1. start AntiMicro (AM), You will see window :

2. press button on controller and observe blue highlighted button in AM, release button, click on previously highlighted button, You will see keyboard

If You need key combination - in this case left CTRL and D, click on Advanced and select CTRL, then D, then CLOSE and CLOSE

3. in the AM main window You will see assigned controller button (in this case CTRL+D :

4. from menu Options select Settings :

5. Click OK
6. click on Save as, enter profile name and SAVE
7. close AM, it should be minimized to tray
8. DONE :)

I don't understand how to get this to work in flightgear. Could someone please help me?
flnsct01

Postby wkitty42 » Fri May 14, 2021 5:07 pm

this is not done on FG... it is done using an external tool called AntiMicro to change the joystick configuration...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby V12 » Sat May 15, 2021 8:18 am

Yes, that is external application. You need download it, install and configure. The application will map joystick buttons (or axis) to the keys on Your keyboard. You don't need fiddling with XML config files or NASAL scripts. I used it in FG to my complete satisfaction more than 3 years. Why do something complicated when it's easy ?
Fly high, fly fast - fly Concorde !
V12

Callsign: BAWV12

Postby Ger272 » Tue May 25, 2021 8:36 pm

Hi,
I need some help with setting up my joystick.
I use a Speedlink Black Widow with thrust lever. Underneath the thrust lever is a button.
I would love to assign this button to toggle the thrust reverse. I tried to use the FG Joystick setup. The aircraft changes the engine mode but the reverse does not beginn (no power) [A320]. I also tried to assign the button via the .xml-file (source: FG Wiki) but no success. Any idea?
Ger272 HQ-Liveries on request:
A350, A320, A380 and Transall
Ger272

Callsign: LH390/ BER4EVR
Version: 2020.3.8

Previous

Return to Hardware