Board index FlightGear Support Hardware

Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System

Joysticks, pedals, monitors.

Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System

Postby V12 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:08 am

I'm thinking about this piece of the hardware. Have or test someone this thing ? What about quality ? I found some very negative reviews about center deadzone. How do you feel about this yoke ?
Fly high, fly fast - fly Concorde !
V12

Callsign: BAWV12

Re: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System

Postby Isaak » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:17 pm

I'm using the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke, rudderpedals and Throttle quadrant for about 6 (?) years now, and I 'm very happy with them, I don't have issues at all. I did clean out the pots last year because the dust that gathered in it was giving some noise spikes, but other than that I 'm ok with it. I did hear some negative feedback since Logitech took over Saitek, some people claim that the quality has decreased, but I can't tell that out of the first hand.

Compatibility with FlightGear is superb. Don't buy the radio or switch panel yet though, they don't work out of the box yet and work is still ongoing in creating an event system that has the ability to communicate with FlightGear. I've had a switch panel gathering dust since about 5 years ago, it's a pity I bought it.
Isaak

Callsign: OO-ISA
Version: 2019.1.1

Postby V12 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:14 pm

Thank You.
I don't plan buy radio / switch panels, PMDG doesn't support it. 6 years flawless service is nice. Hmmm, I will try collect more infos for decission. I have second alternative - buy good joystick and rebuild it to yoke.
V12

Postby V12 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:38 am

I found very much negative reviews, I will buy new graphics card, probably some nVidia 1060, not that yoke...
V12

Return to Hardware