Board index FlightGear Development AI Traffic

AI PARKING (AGAIN!; )

Intelligent, computer controlled vehicles that drive/fly over the planet!

AI PARKING (AGAIN!; )

Postby jtprophet » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:31 pm

Here is my scenario: KLAX Terminal 4 Gate 41 should be for gate radius 33 as heavy. I go into Flightgear and use the pushback tug to position the airplane perfectly, then I go and browse the internal properties regarding the positioning coordinates and take note of them. I take these coordinates and convert them using a website to what they are supposed to be and then edit and save the KLAXgroundnet.xml file and then go back into the sim and the airplane should sit just like it was pushed into position right? But what I am seeing is that is not the case, even testing the next gate over and leaving 41 unoccupied a 757 takes over which overrides my radius rule and it is not lines up properly? I turned off Terrasync as well so it would not overwrite my file? What am I doing wrong? Or is it just fact that ai dont and wont keep their gates radius rules?

Thank-you

John.
jtprophet

Callsign: DAL1464

Re: AI PARKING (AGAIN!; )

Postby BecOzIcan » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:10 am

jtprophet wrote in Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:31 pm:then edit and save the KLAXgroundnet.xml file

Where?

Unless your "customized" groundnet is saved to your custom sceneries folder (and that FG points to this folder) any change will be erased (and replaced by the Terrasync version) on restart

Cheers
Ian
Current Projects: AI Traffic, Models & Liveries
BecOzIcan

Version: 2020.4.0

Return to AI Traffic