Board index FlightGear Development AI Traffic

adding a taxiway for AI causes the FG to be frozen

Intelligent, computer controlled vehicles that drive/fly over the planet!

adding a taxiway for AI causes the FG to be frozen

Postby agathosdaimon » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:08 am

Hi - i have been followng the wiki regarding Groundnets and put bi-drectional taxiways to both ends of the various Newark KEWR runways, but once i did this when i start the sim with my aircraft (this happens regardless of what aircraft i use) the sim is frozen, like its stuck in pause mode and then even when i hit unpause everything is still frozen - AI planes spawning but are frozen on the ground and in the air, and my aircraft doesnt have any landing gear and no controls work.
i can jump to different views but thats it, the weather also doesnt properly load.

Only when i went back into FGAirports and removed AI taxi paths to a runway and then if i start on that runway, everything works. Is it not possible to start on a runway which has a groundnet path for AI leading to it? this doesnt seem right as i have started on runways in other airports where AI traffic was moving onto also

image attached of how my plane looks when i loads frozen on the runway

either there is something amiss with FGairports or i am in my inexperience missing some step here

agathosdaimon

Re: adding a taxiway for AI causes the FG to be frozen

Postby pb321 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:27 am

Did you validate (check) your groundnet in FG Airports and eliminate all error messages/warnings? AFAIK, you're the first to report this issue, so I'd recommend you review the wiki and make sure you've completely validated your groundnet.
pb321

Version: 2020.4.0

Postby BecOzIcan » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:48 am

+1 that does not sound like a groundnet or even AI issue at all
Current Projects: AI Traffic, Models & Liveries
BecOzIcan

Postby agathosdaimon » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:58 am

okay well yes i am inexperienced here, so the fault is likely mine, i just wasnt sure given that FGairports is still a work in progress - however in FGairports it doesnt let me run the check when i am working on the airport, at what point can i run the check?
agathosdaimon

Postby pb321 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:05 pm

You can perform a check in FG Airports whenever you're in Edit mode. The app is pretty much debugged. I think of it as a quite stable product now and I doubt that is the source of your problem. I'd suggest looking at other things you've done.
pb321

Postby agathosdaimon » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:20 am

okay cool, but it still doesnt let me - may be there is some button elsewhere or key press i need to make?

if i go to the window for the check - all i see is "CHECK NOT RUN" - okay, but where/how do i run the check? i dont see any other instructions on this

agathosdaimon

Postby Johan G » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:29 am

Click the edit icon (pen) on the left, then the edit icon (another pen) in the pane, then in the column of icons to the right that comes up in edit mode click the checkbox icon to run the check. If you leave the edit mode the list of errors are still there. Click on the bullseye icon (concentric circles) to pan to the problem nodes. Sometime the pane will switch to show node properties, but you can show the list of errors again by clicking the checkmark icon on the left.
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:40 pm

Johan G wrote in Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:29 am:Click the edit icon (pen) on the left, then the edit icon (another pen) in the pane, then in the column of icons to the right [...]

just to clarify, this column of icons is on the very very far right of the layout/map screen...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to AI Traffic