Board index FlightGear Development AI Traffic

AI Traffic Manager Looking for KFCA  Topic is solved

Intelligent, computer controlled vehicles that drive/fly over the planet!

AI Traffic Manager Looking for KFCA  

Postby pb321 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:09 pm

I've been testing some AI Traffic and noticed the message window displaying many instances of the message "Traffic Manager could not find departure airport (or arrival airport): KFCA." I searched for this airport and found that it was at one time assigned to Glacier Park International Airport. The airport is now assigned IATA: FCA, ICAO: KGPI, FAA LID: GPI (see this link for more: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glacier_Park_International_Airport). Perhaps this is a known "issue" and will be resolved but if not, I'd like to fix it.

If I search for KFCA in FlightGear 2018.2.2, it finds no matches. If I search for KGPI, it displays two runways with parking spaces. Once loaded, it looks like a nice airport. Since AI Traffic is (incorrectly) searching for KFCA, this would seem to imply that FG once had KFCA with a full groundnet (not just parking spaces)...Correct?

What is the proper way correct this issue? It takes a considerable amount of time on my system to list all the messages for flights to/from KFCA, which finds no such airport (but it does not result in any real problems with running FlightGear, as far as I know). I have replaced KFCA with KGPI in ASA.xml and DAL.xml traffic files, and started work on a groundnet for KGPI. As I'd like to fix this issue in FG, what is the procedure to eventually get these files approved and into FlightGear?

Update 8/24/18: Found similar "issues" -- FG searches for PSC but airport is KPSC. KPSC has a full groundnet, so I've updated UAL.xml and ASA.xml. FG also searches for VVDL and VVDH but don't believe either is included in FG 2018.2.2.
Update 8/25/18: Found a dozen other airports with similar issues. After some investigation, I realize AI Traffic has been entered for most of them but they await the airport to be added into FG from the X-Plane Scenery Gateway, several of these added to the Gateway by handles I recognize from the FG Forum. So I see work is already done or underway for most of these airports.
pb321

Version: 2020.4.0

Re: AI Traffic Manager Looking for KFCA

Postby BecOzIcan » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:16 am

See viewtopic.php?f=23&t=31229&p=324517&hilit=faor#p324517

APT.DAT is somewhow obsolete and recently re-assigned / created ICAO airport codes are out of sync

Cheers
Ian
Current Projects: AI Traffic, Models & Liveries
BecOzIcan

Version: 2020.4.0

Return to AI Traffic