Board index FlightGear Development AI Traffic

What AI traffic are you adding lights to?

Intelligent, computer controlled vehicles that drive/fly over the planet!

What AI traffic are you adding lights to?

Postby wkitty42 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:48 pm

i thought we might want a new topic to post which AI Traffic craft we're adding lights to.

i'll start with the list of GA craft i've done.

AI/Aircraft/beech-200
    AI/Aircraft/c172
    AI/Aircraft/c177
    AI/Aircraft/pa-28

i'm going to redo my pa-28 lighting since i now know that it already has light objects in its model file. i'm going to try using those models instead of the separate ones which will
  • reduce the number of object used for the pa-28 by at least three...
  • allow me to remove the object placement code used to position the separate objects where they belong

i've done some commercial craft, too, but picking them out is a bit tougher as i'm pretty sure i modified a few that BecOzICan had already done. i modified them as i was working with my variation of traffic lighting since they were working and allowed me to test my code... i'll be undoing those on my system (git checkout -- <file>) as others post their lists so we don't have any collisions...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Re: What AI traffic are you adding lights to?

Postby legoboyvdlp » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:04 pm

I was at Heathrow and saw the 747-400's beacon... that looked impressive, I like how it got more intense, then flared down. The only thing I'd propose is to use a <scale> element on the lights - see the IDG-A32X's lights.

legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Re: What AI traffic are you adding lights to?

Postby BecOzIcan » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:24 pm

legoboyvdlp wrote in Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:04 pm:I was at Heathrow and saw the 747-400's beacon... that looked impressive, I like how it got more intense, then flared down. The only thing I'd propose is to use a <scale> element on the lights - see the IDG-A32X's lights.

The object is actually scaled. I also went through a lot of video reviews and testing to ensure my AI models position lights (incl. the 747 series) look realistic. I don't believe it's the case on the FDM A32X even if I have to admin they look pretty good.

Also be aware that <scale> is kind of failing if you zoom in and out (mouse middle button/roll)

See for (real life) examples https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfrBu7vpKPY

Cheers
Ian
Current Projects: AI Traffic, Models & Liveries
BecOzIcan

Version: 2020.4.0

Return to AI Traffic