Board index FlightGear Development AI Traffic

Groundnet for AI

Intelligent, computer controlled vehicles that drive/fly over the planet!

Groundnet for AI

Postby jtprophet » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:46 pm

Good morning,

I am finding that by using google maps and or the flightgear scenery map that my node placements are not accurate when placing them and then testing ai traffic to see if they follow the yellow taxi lines in the middle, so in taxidraw what method do you recommend that these ai nodes are determined by placing an object in the sim and then noting the coordinates in that fashion?

thank-you

John
jtprophet

Callsign: DAL1464

Re: Groundnet for AI

Postby BecOzIcan » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:09 pm

If you want absolute accuracy in terms of following yellow lines of the airports available via FG scenery then you need to use the Lat/Lon of nodes forming the yellow centerlines in the WED airport (which was used to generate the scenery)
BUT
I found that most of the time the AI aircrafts do not follow the yellow lines because the WED airport is not exactly placed/designed (see Singapore in this threads for example viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30116&start=30)

I guess these airports were built before WEBBING became available
SO
As far as I am concerned I continue to build my AI network from (correct) Google/OSM data, the expectation being that the misplaced WED airports will eventually get corrected and these yellow lines will shift right under my wheels ...

Cheers
Ian
Current Projects: AI Traffic, Models & Liveries
BecOzIcan

Version: 2020.4.0

Postby Catalanoic » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:11 pm

The same as for 3D airport buildings and objects, you can place them precisely using coordinates but the problem is FG actually using old scenery (old terrain and unrealistic airport layouts) so for the good of the existing users we can adapt it to the existing FG world or do a custom (external source) with precise and actual scenery until we get updated FG, these AI and WED data may be included on this category.
Catalanoic

Callsign: Catalanoic
Version: 2017.3

Postby BecOzIcan » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:37 am

BecOzIcan wrote in Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:09 pm:
I guess these airports were built before WEDBING became available

Cheers
Ian

Also I started using WEDBING and the background image loaded into WED is actually offset .... You need to re-position it before starting your layout.

The easiest way I found ito do that is to mark Parking Stands first (from Lat/Lon published in airports AIPs) Once these placed, they form a very set of reference points to then align your WEDBING Image

Cheers
Ian
Current Projects: AI Traffic, Models & Liveries
BecOzIcan

Version: 2020.4.0

Return to AI Traffic