Board index FlightGear Development AI Traffic

EPWA Taxidraw  Topic is solved

Intelligent, computer controlled vehicles that drive/fly over the planet!

Re: EPWA Taxidraw

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:51 pm

BecOzIcan wrote in Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:12 am:Thinking about it. where Airports have no groundnet, the planes are magically appearing in the middle/centre of the airport then taxi in straight line to their take off position. If you have this behavior (looks like the Aeroflot plane is doing that on your picture) it could be a sign there are not enough parking space in my network. I will add more over the week end to see if it changes anything for you

i see something similar to this at KATL but it is not quite the same... what happens is the craft pushes back from the parking space and then properly moves out toward the taxiways where it then cuts across the grass and may go straight to the end of the runway for takeoff or possibly over to a spot just before the runway and wait for other craft to move out before it does its takeoff... sometimes they even bully their way onto the runway and take off immediately... sometimes they get hung up when they bully their way in and neither they or the other craft can/will takeoff... i suspect this is proximity code preventing them from moving until the way is clear...

funnily enough, i also saw a craft push back from parking, wait a few minutes and then turn and head straight out toward the opposite end of the runway where they stage to start their takeoff roll... this one ended up taking off in the middle of the grass as it moved to align itself with runway trajectory... i have no idea what flight this was or what schedule it should have been on... it almost looked like it was late and the AI code went ahead and rushed it along... that might be what is happening that i described above, too...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby BecOzIcan » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:19 am

wkitty42 wrote in Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:51 pm:funnily enough, i also saw a craft push back from parking, wait a few minutes and then turn and head straight out toward the opposite end of the runway where they stage to start their takeoff roll... this one ended up taking off in the middle of the grass as it moved to align itself with runway trajectory... i have no idea what flight this was or what schedule it should have been on... it almost looked like it was late and the AI code went ahead and rushed it along... that might be what is happening that i described above, too...

Yes, I had the same behaviour when I started redoing LFPG. If I remember well that was because I was not using the "Toll / Verify Network" option in taxidraw before saving. Took me a little time to realize verification was actually happening given there is no warning message, only the spinning wheel of death and "Not Responding" in the Title Bar, eventually if you wait long enough verification completes and you got control again
Current Projects: AI Traffic, Models & Liveries
BecOzIcan

Version: 2020.4.0

Postby wkitty42 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:27 am

weird... i understand what you are saying about this but i have no clue why it is doing that... i've only seen this in the sim... i don't have either if taxidraw or WED installed yet... too many other things in life distracting from the real enjoyable tasks at hand :?
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby BecOzIcan » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:13 am

wkitty42 wrote in Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:27 am:too many other things in life distracting from the real enjoyable tasks at hand :?

Agreed :-) I understand Durk will be working on a revamped AI system anyway so not very concerned at this time. i ll continue to focus on aircrafts and traffic files so at least we have planes to show even in the middle of the grass !

Cheers
Ian
BecOzIcan

Postby SP-KOK » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:02 pm

I think that EPWA can add extra space to move work well
You can add places 04,03,02,34,35,36,40,41,42,43
I checked on the map and there quietly fit.
SP-KOK

Postby qf707 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:07 pm

The problem of aircraft coming from centre field is not a new problem it has been around for years and yes it is because there is no more parking spaces for aircraft left in the ground net. The excess aircraft are actualy parking at the tower location for the given airport.I used to have a Singapore Airlines at YSSY(Sydney Aust)that used to head straight for 16R where it would crash with other groundnet aircraft jaming the AI. The only fix was to get the groundnet aircraft to use other runways.Still it was better than when the excess aircraft used to park at the tower position but at 29000 feet.
qf707

Postby BecOzIcan » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:01 pm

SP-KOK wrote in Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:02 pm:I think that EPWA can add extra space to move work well
You can add places 04,03,02,34,35,36,40,41,42,43
I checked on the map and there quietly fit.

Try this new one, got another set of ParkPos added : HERE

I cannot see any issue on my machine I even have a lot of available parkpos at EPWA

BUT I have removed from my machine a lot of useless traffic files (dead and fantasy airlines) which were occupying a lot of parkpos for nothing.
From a look at GIT I realise we still have a lot of them distributed with each release (like in the list below) I will put a list together -after I am done with the ATR 72-500 model- so we can have these completely removed from FGData

BGM Ak Bars Aero
BLF Blue1 Finland
BMI BMIBaby
BMA BMI
CDV -code unknown, aircrafts have no rego, russian destinations, Ruski?-

Cheers
Ian
BecOzIcan

Postby SP-KOK » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:38 pm

I checked and it works much better. Improved means of airports because the planes circling the taxi.

The problem still remained at the initial portion of the terminal number of the gate:

From these positions the planes going for themselves how they want

Photos below

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6Fen ... VUtb2JnM2M

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6Fen ... 29GRDRwVlU

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6Fen ... EJqMXU3TWc

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6Fen ... TNxTDNMcDg

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6Fen ... HlZNzZUUEk

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6Fen ... FZQZkRQc2c

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6Fen ... lZRZ2FPNmc

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6Fen ... E9NaEhwaGs
SP-KOK

Postby BecOzIcan » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:44 pm

SP-KOK wrote in Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:38 pm:

The problem still remained at the initial portion of the terminal number of the gate:

From these positions the planes going for themselves how they want

Thanks for the pictures, I can see two potential issues

1. My "flow" is not correct ie ideally you want all the taxiways to be one way only so aircrafts never "fight" for a portion of taxiway and create bottlenecks. I will review that today
2. Situations where the plane taxis on the grass may also come from the FG terrain not being up to date or slightly shifted in Latitude/Longitude so the plane is where it should be but the airport is not
My groundnets are always aligned with ParkPos Lat Lon available in AIP docs and from OSM data but I have noticed that some airport aprons like Singapore or Bangkok are not correctly placed in WED. I would expect that will improve with the next scenery generations as more and more airports are redesigned using WedBing

Will post updated EPWA once ready but focusing on ATR 72 500 model right now so may not be before next year
BecOzIcan

Postby BecOzIcan » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:54 am

Added ParkPos 91 to 97 as well as 01 to 04. Flow corrected but untested (I don't have enough traffic showing up to ensure flow is correct

Download HERE

BecOzIcan

Postby SP-KOK » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:14 am

I checked
Works perfectly :)))
Thank you very much :))))
SP-KOK

Postby BecOzIcan » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:02 pm

SP-KOK wrote in Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:14 am:I checked
Works perfectly :)))
Thank you very much :))))

No Problem
BecOzIcan

Postby SP-KOK » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:57 am

I tested the groudnet today, in full motion.
I noticed a small 3 errors. I marked them in the picture, the black line. Item 11,10,60.
These three fields are not working. Airplanes are pushed out of the airport during the push.

SP-KOK

Postby gooneybird » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:59 am

Definitely something strange going on here?

Try this one: http://www.mediafire.com/file/qp3labch1mpb170/EPWA.groundnet.xml and let us know how you get on with it.

@ Ian, I assume this was updated from an auto generated groundnet?

I've replaced most of the "Y" junctions with "T" junctions, removed crossed routes that are close to each other, and extended some final pushback routes slightly.
It seems to me that the AI no longer follows the route it is actually on but goes to the next nearest node and then hunts for a new route from there or goes straight to the runway if one is not found!
My Github repository (mostly AI stuff) https://github.com/gooneybird47
gooneybird

Postby SP-KOK » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:55 pm

Hey gooneybird
I checked and works now well.
However, these items are missing from IAN, ie 1,2,3,4, and 91,92,93,94,95,96,97
Maybe you know how to add them
To work.
SP-KOK

PreviousNext

Return to AI Traffic