Board index FlightGear Development AI Traffic

What traffic files are you doing

Intelligent, computer controlled vehicles that drive/fly over the planet!

Re: What traffic files are you doing

Postby BecOzIcan » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:28 pm

SP-KOK wrote in Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:11 pm:I will also do updates on AirBaltic :) Liveries for 735 I see that you have already done :)

I have already done the Baltic traffic BUT I am preparing the CS3 aircraft before I release it.

Next on my list are TunisAir and Saudia which are the last traffic files left with dependencies on the old 737/747 models. Once done we can delete these old files and reduce the size of the AI folders.

I still have the Onur and Pobeda liveries to do. Can only do one per week.

Cheers
Ian
Current Projects: AI Traffic, Models & Liveries
BecOzIcan

Version: 2.12

Postby SP-KOK » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:42 pm

I know that you are busy and respect it. We are not in a hurry anywhere :)

That is, in the future you can expect 735 for BlueAir, UTAir and Ukraine and Belavia. The files do not have to be updated because they are made and up to date. Only paths can be changed from e.g. 733 to 735
SP-KOK

Postby BecOzIcan » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:11 am

TunisAir fleet and traffic updated. Does NOT include TunisAirExpress (separate, under code TUX, wip)

Cheers
Ian

BecOzIcan

Postby SP-KOK » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:35 pm

Ian, do you plan to do all the models from the 737 family, exactly 737-400, 737-700. Because only they are missing or just doing them with their updates.
The 736 looks great, I think one day SAS liveries will do for this model.
SP-KOK

Postby BecOzIcan » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:03 am

SP-KOK wrote in Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:35 pm:Ian, do you plan to do all the models from the 737 family, exactly 737-400, 737-700. Because only they are missing or just doing them with their updates.
The 736 looks great, I think one day SAS liveries will do for this model.

Only doing missing liveries (and models/versions) when doing a traffic file update and no alternative to model/livery.
SAS/Westjet are on my list for 736 but doing CS1/CS3/748 models first.

As indicated before all my models have a Paintkit in their root folder so anyone can do a livery for them

Cheers
Ian
BecOzIcan

Postby BecOzIcan » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:46 am

TunisAirExpress pushed to GIT

BecOzIcan

Postby BecOzIcan » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:58 am

Saudia traffic complete, working Liveries and Models

RusLine traffic WIP

Cheers
Ian
BecOzIcan

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:44 pm

i've been wanting to fix up KRDU for a long time but AI flights are done by the airline instead of the airport... i understand exactly why this is... what i'm looking at, though, is wow, the sheer number of flights to configure for the larger airlines... KRDU is serviced, these days, by nine airlines... according to the link noted below, there's over 400 daily flights to 50 destinations... terminal layouts are available at the noted link, too...

there's also GA craft a KRDU which i want to allow for as well as doing the KRDU.rwy file so the GA can land and take off on 14/32 as needed while the other craft all use 05/23 R&L as now... one thing that i know is that KRDU allows arrival and departure on both 05/23 runways but FG seems to be somehow putting all arrivals on 05L/23R and all departures on 05R/23L... i do have some GA craft at KRDU and know they need more parking defined...

i'm not sure where to start because i know the parking is wrong and the groundnet needs work... i'm on linux and can do WED... i'm not interested in doing any 3D modeling (yet) or trying to run any winwhatever programs...

i'm just not sure how to go about this... the swamp is deep and wide and i guess i'm asking for help on picking a place to start wading into it... i've seen on the wiki some talk about a spreadsheet for listing the flights and maybe some sort of script to convert the sheet to xml but since i'm on linux i use libreoffice and not excel or such... so is there a sheet that i can start with so i might at least get the flights fixed up?? i do want to try to get the flights right as well as having the craft using their properly assigned gates as noted in this chart...

Code: Select all
Terminal 1
Airline                Reservations     Gate(s)                                      Airline Code
Southwest Airlines     800-435-9792     A5 - A8                                      WN

Terminal 2
Airline                Reservations     Gate(s)                                      Airline Code
Alaska Airlines        800-252-7522     D15                                          AS
Allegiant                               D17                                          G4
Air Canada             888-247-2262     D10                                          AC
American Airlines      800-433-7300     C9, C11, C15-18, C20-21, C23, C25            AA
Delta                  800-221-1212     C1, C3, C7, D1, D3, D5-6, D8-9, D11, D13     DL
Frontier               800-432-1359     D17                                          F9
JetBlue                800-538-2583     C10                                          B6
United                 800-864-8331     D12-14, D18-20                               UA

NOTE: the above chart is taken from https://www.rdu.com/airline-information/rdu-airlines/.
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby gooneybird » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:32 pm

I believe the spreadsheet you want is further back in this topic.

I just did a quick check of KRDU groundnet in Taxidraw, it verified ok with no errors and looks to be fairly accurate but will need work on gate type and names, heading, radius, pushback routes and airline codes etc. At the moment most of the parking spots face north and have a radius of 54 which is far too big.

If you want to edit the current groundnet it will have to be done in Taxidraw not WED.
gooneybird

Postby wkitty42 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:56 pm

gooneybird wrote in Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:32 pm:I believe the spreadsheet you want is further back in this topic.

thanks... i'll look... i remember something in the wiki about one but don't recall any links to any...

gooneybird wrote in Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:32 pm:If you want to edit the current groundnet it will have to be done in Taxidraw not WED.

and there's no linux version of TD, is there?

if/when i get TD working, i can add, move, delete and rename the existing parking areas? i definitely want to put in more GA spaces and fix the others up, too... i moved some of the static craft there yesterday to get them out of the way of the AI parking... looks like i've got two more to move and then go from there...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby gooneybird » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:35 am

You can do all of the above with taxidraw.

There was/is? a Linux version of Taxidraw, I used to run it on an old pc under Ubuntu as it was more stable than the windows version at the time, I seem to recall it needed compiling though.
gooneybird

Postby wkitty42 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:39 pm

yeah, i've been looking... i found a CVS repo at SF but according to the mailing list archives there, the repo was moved to gitorious... i can't find anything there indicating that it was moved again... that was back in 2013, IIRC...

from what i saw yesterday while digging about, it looks like 0.3.2 (IIRC) was available plus whatever was in the main branch... apparently durk talsman<sp??> was doing something with it but i just can't easily find anything more about it...

it really shouldn't be this hard...

fingers crossed that it'll be real nice when (if?) WED finally gets this capability... my understanding is that it is coming with the new apt.dat format that has more taxiway data but i don't know... there's some confusion around...
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:22 am

wkitty42 wrote in Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:39 pm:yeah, i've been looking... i found a CVS repo at SF but according to the mailing list archives there, the repo was moved to gitorious... i can't find anything there indicating that it was moved again... that was back in 2013, IIRC...

i haven't been back upstream in this topic but i do have, :TADA!: a shiny new self-built linux 64bit taxidraw... YAY! ... i think... since there's no "Help->About" menu, i can only look in the code... it says it is 0.4.0... it came out of the gitorious taxidraw850 repo...

i can load airports and AI groundnets but can't, for the life of me, get a background image calibrated so i can zoom in and see things clearly... i'm not even going to try to change the groundnet until i can see clearly... HELP!

i'll start a new topic but not yet... the moderators can split on request later ;)

did i say HELP! :mrgreen:
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby BecOzIcan » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:41 am

Rusline Livery and Traffic update pushed to GIT

Cheers
Ian

BecOzIcan

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:25 pm

gooneybird wrote in Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:32 pm:I believe the spreadsheet you want is further back in this topic.

i found that i already had it... have been having a play... is there a newer version than 0.8?? where are the gate types listed so i can fix them? "ga" is missing and there's two "gate" listed in the drop down box... also, how can i add a small airline that i can't find a icao3 code for? i also see that KRDU is not in the airport list... i'm guessing those are only ""home ports""??

then i'm using libreoffice... the importation method of xml files, as described in an earlier message, is also quite different than described... i have to open a new sheet and then go to tools->xml source and bring it in that way... no dragging, though... select the branch and then the anchor cell...

gooneybird wrote in Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:32 pm:I just did a quick check of KRDU groundnet in Taxidraw, it verified ok with no errors and looks to be fairly accurate but will need work on gate type and names, heading, radius, pushback routes and airline codes etc. At the moment most of the parking spots face north and have a radius of 54 which is far too big.

yeah, i know and there's not enough ga parking at all...

gooneybird wrote in Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:32 pm:If you want to edit the current groundnet it will have to be done in Taxidraw not WED.

now that i have taxidraw, i plan on trying but i can't get a background imported decently... is there a taxidraw topic where this should be discussed instead of in this one???
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

PreviousNext

Return to AI Traffic