Board index FlightGear Support Installation Windows

Another Scenery Installation Problem

Installing FlightGear, scenery, aircraft etc. on Windows.

Another Scenery Installation Problem

Postby Matuchkin » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:51 pm

I have recently decided to download the HD (v2.0.1) scenery from the flightgear main website. I did this via graphical interface, which worked perfectly when I intended to download the SD scenery. However, all downloaded files do not appear in the "install downloaded scenery" dialogue on the Add-ons page of the FG launcher. The downloaded files do not appear to be .tar, .gz, or any other requested file type upon download. Is there any help that can be offered? The files are currently lying in zipped state, in a folder called FGMAP which I created on my computer's desktop. I have added FGMAP as an Additional Scenery Location.
Matuchkin

Callsign: ML-F1A

Re: Another Scenery Installation Problem

Postby Thorsten » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:37 am

However, all downloaded files do not appear in the "install downloaded scenery" dialogue on the Add-ons page of the FG launcher.

They're in a different format - if you have the 1.0 scenery installed, you can probably just take a look at how the data structure is arranged (subdirectories Terrain/ Objects/ etc, inside arranged by geographical coordinates - if you unpack the 2.0 chunks, it all has to be moved into the same structure (I believe the 2.0 unpacks just contents of the Terrain/ subfolder by coordinate, but I didn't try installing that way for a while).
Thorsten

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:08 am

unless i'm mistaken, the launcher was fixed to handle these types of scenery archives and to install them properly...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby Thorsten » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:43 am

The launcher of the 2018.1 RC was..., not of the 2017 releases.
Thorsten

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 am

right... that's exactly why i mentioned it... especially since 2018.1 is at RC status and the OP didn't mention what version of FG they are using ;)
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Windows