Board index FlightGear Support Installation Windows

Shuttle mission

Installing FlightGear, scenery, aircraft etc. on Windows.

Shuttle mission

Postby Papyref » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:17 am

I have installed FlightGear 2017.2.1 and SpaceShuttle.
All is OK and I can choice the Shuttle as Aircraft before Fly but I can't choice another place than Boston Airport
My Shuttle is on the runway like an aircraft !
How can I launch FG with "SpaceShuttle-launch-set.xml" for example. May be with a command line but I don't know how ?
Thanks for your aid and excuse my poor English please (I am French)
Papyref

Re: Shuttle mission

Postby Thorsten » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:22 pm

From the commandline as

--aircraft=SpaceShuttle-launch

However the Qt-launcher /should/ default to this scenario anyway.

I'm not quite sure from your description what you're trying to do, but you can not re-position the launch pad after FG starts (the whole procedure of setting everything up vertically is not trivial), so if you want to start from Kennedy Space Center you have to tell the launcher where you want to start by selecting an airport/geographical location before you click 'Fly!'

Please really refer to the Flight Manual

which you can download here and do things as described in there, otherwise you won't get very far with the Shuttle.
Thorsten

Postby Parnikkapore » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:23 pm

The set.xml won't set the location for you. You might want to manually set the coordinates (and grab the manual from Thorsten's library!)
(Link is above)
There are free alternatives to every program you encounter. You just have to find them.
Parnikkapore

Callsign: HS-FGS
Version: next [PPA]

Postby Papyref » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:21 am

Thank you for your answers.
My problem is not to position SpaceShutlle for launch but it is always in a horizontal position and never in a vertical position
In my command line I wrote
--aircraft = SpaceShuttle
and
--aircraft = SpaceShuttle-launch
But it does not work.
I read the doc but I could not find a solution
Papyref

Postby Thorsten » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:47 am

Okay, that's not as it should be. Then we're going to need a clear description of what is actually happening.

0) Do you have a standard installation, i.e. FG installed from the official download, Shuttle installed via the launcher? I really don't want to chase a custom setup issue here...

1) Why did you write this

I can't choice another place than Boston Airport

if the problem also occurs at Boston - is this supposed to be the same problem, a different problem,...?

2) Do you see a launch pad on the ground next to the Shuttle?

3) What happens if you start FG paused, then select an external view and unpause - what is the series of events you see?

4) Are there any errors in the console/log file which read like 'Nasal runtime error'

5) Did you literally use '--aircraft = SpaceShuttle' rather than '--aircraft=SpaceShuttle' (i.e. did you insert spaces?)

6) When you say 'does not work' - what is it that doesn't work? FG doesn't start, FG starts but you're horizontally placed, FG starts with the wrong aircraft,

7) When you say 'in my command line' - did you actually type this into the console, or the command line assembly of the launcher?
Thorsten

Postby Papyref » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:49 am

I reinstalled SpaceShuttle again from the launcher and everything works
Thank for your help and congratulations for your Shuttle :D
Papyref

Postby Thorsten » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:47 am

Happy space adventures!
Thorsten

Return to Windows