Board index FlightGear Support Installation Windows

FG crash after changing Frequency in COM

Installing FlightGear, scenery, aircraft etc. on Windows.

FG crash after changing Frequency in COM

Postby Sarith » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:26 pm

When I use the 777-200 and i try to change the frequency in the COM for the current ATIS of the airport the programm crashes. I tried it several times
Sarith

Re: FG crash after changing Frequency in COM

Postby Sarith » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:34 pm

Anybody
Happens for any aircraft.
Sarith

Postby Sarith » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:53 pm

this is the logfile:

https://ufile.io/upbha
Sarith

Postby sanhozay » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:42 pm

Which version of Flightgear?

Have you tried disabling FGCom?

Multiplayer - FGCom Settings - Uncheck "Enabled".
sanhozay

Callsign: G-SHOZ
Version: Git

Postby Sarith » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:28 pm

The Problem is solved, I wasent admin and i gave now fg python and sb747 admin rights ;-)
Sarith

Postby zakalawe » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:33 pm

I'm worried that you experienced a crash which was fixed by changing permissions - FG should never need to run as admin, and indeed we do not audit the code with the idea it would ever be run that way. (Just like you should never run any large graphical application as root/administrator, it's always a bad idea). Can you describe further what happened and hyw you think changing the permissions fixed it? (I looked a the log file but it doesn't contain much of interest)
zakalawe

Callsign: G-ZKLW
Version: next

Postby wkitty42 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:01 pm

zakalawe wrote in Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:33 pm:I'm worried that you experienced a crash which was fixed by changing permissions - FG should never need to run as admin,

one of the problems may be that there's still a lot of craft that tell folks to install them by copying them into the fgdata folder... i see folks telling others having problems with a craft to put it in the fgdata folder quite a bit... so they have to be admin to do that on winwhatever and then when they try to fly as a user, there's goofy problems like this... i don't know that this is the problem in this case but i keep biting my tongue in other places when i see folks saying to do that copying instead of educating folks on how to create a private custom craft directory and put the craft in there to use...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby zakalawe » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:13 pm

Eurgh, that's horrible.
zakalawe

Callsign: G-ZKLW
Version: next

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:42 pm

agreed! especially when all it takes is one entry for the custom craft folder and all craft folders in it are scanned and listed for use... i have ~10 craft in my custom craft folder... one of those is the c172p's repository so i can fly new WIP (work in progress) versions of the c172p OR i can fly the default one in the fgdata/aircraft folder... there's only one additional --fg-aircraft entry for all those ~10 additional craft i have... then i also have a fgaddon/Aircraft folder where all the craft were moved to when FGData was split... that one also has a --fg-aircraft entry... i just don't understand why folks can't understand how to do this and cause problems for themselves...

Code: Select all
--fg-aircraft=/home/myuser/flightgear-dev/fgaddon-ng/Addons:/home/myuser/flightgear-dev/fgaddon-ng/Aircraft:/home/myuser/myflightgear/Aircraft

yeah, it also covers the new Addons stuff as well ;)
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Windows