Board index FlightGear Support Installation Windows

Functions related specifically to the aircraft do not work

Installing FlightGear, scenery, aircraft etc. on Windows.

Functions related specifically to the aircraft do not work

Postby nishs9 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:33 pm

I have been encountering a problem with Flightgear 2.1 where anything under the drop-down menu specific to the aircraft that I am using is not working.

For example, when I try to use the Boeing 777 that can be downloaded in the Flightgear client, anything under the 777 tab of the drop-down menu such as the Handy Viewer, Livery Select, and Autostart do not work.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled flightgear over and over but I still can't seem to fix the issue.
nishs9

Re: Functions related specifically to the aircraft do not wo

Postby Thorsten » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:02 am

I have been encountering a problem with Flightgear 2.1 where anything under the drop-down menu specific to the aircraft that I am using is not working.

Do you actually mean FG 2.1 (because they'd be ancient)?
Thorsten

Postby nishs9 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:38 pm

Thorsten wrote in Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:02 am:

Do you actually mean FG 2.1 (because they'd be ancient)?

I mean the latest version. On my computer the shortcut for it says Flightgear 2017.2.1. Sorry for the lack of clarity on my part.
nishs9

Postby Parnikkapore » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:19 am

Enable the console (does this exist in 2017.2.1's --launcher?) and look for Nasal errors.
There are free alternatives to (almost) every program you encounter. You just have to find them.
Parnikkapore

Callsign: HS-FGS
Version: next

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:38 am

nishs9 wrote in Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:33 pm:For example, when I try to use the Boeing 777 that can be downloaded in the Flightgear client

which 777? i have a -200 and a -300 and each has some variants (ER, LR)...

are you perhaps trying to use one of the "First Officer" variants? they require multiplayer and that you are selected by someone flying the normal variant that chooses you as their FO...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby nishs9 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:00 pm

wkitty42 wrote in Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:38 am:
nishs9 wrote in Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:33 pm:For example, when I try to use the Boeing 777 that can be downloaded in the Flightgear client

which 777? i have a -200 and a -300 and each has some variants (ER, LR)...

are you perhaps trying to use one of the "First Officer" variants? they require multiplayer and that you are selected by someone flying the normal variant that chooses you as their FO...

I have tried all variants of the 777-220 and 777-300 (ER, LR, etc.)
nishs9

Postby wkitty42 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:17 pm

please set --log-level=debug on your flightgear command line in your icon or in your script files... load a 777 and try your menu... if it is still failing, then you need to post the fgfs.log somewhere where we can get to it and see what errors you might be logging... something isn't right as it works find over here with the latest repo code... i messed with it a lot after writing my above and definitely used the handy view option a lot as well as the tiller steering and the livery option to change liveries... everything worked as desired...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Windows