Board index FlightGear Support Installation Windows

FlightGear not reasponding Windows7

Installing FlightGear, scenery, aircraft etc. on Windows.

FlightGear not reasponding Windows7

Postby goztell » Wed May 10, 2017 7:55 am

Hello everybody,

I am a new user of FlightGear and i have problems running it.

I have installed it. It starts the first page but when I click on Run, it not respond. It seems to cause my Windows 7 computer to load and, within seconds, freeze and lose the cursor within the FG window. Windows then reports "Not Responding" with the blue swirling circle as the new cursor within the window. It seems I could wait forever for something to happen, but it never does. I use the task manager to close the program and try again.

I am running on Windows 7 Professional.
Is the last FlightGear version.
I han a NVIDIA Quadro K2200 graphics card.

Thanks in advanced.
Best regards
goztell

Re: FlightGear not reasponding Windows7

Postby Thorsten » Wed May 10, 2017 11:18 am

Dependent on what aircraft you start, it actually might take a while. Especially for a nav-cache init. Windows reports FG unresponsive for me as well, even when it's perfectly fine.

How long did you wait?
Thorsten

Postby goztell » Thu May 11, 2017 9:50 am

I can wait more than 20 minutes, but it doesn`t start. I had charged another kind of airplane (1.5 Kb) but it doesn´t work.
goztell

Postby pb321 » Sun May 14, 2017 2:22 pm

Just curious -- when FG doesn't respond, do you have AI Traffic enabled? If so, insert the command "--disable-ai-traffic" in the Additional Settings" or "Options" dialog box, then proceed with FG startup and see if you get the "Not Responding" behavior. I've experienced a similar problem on Windows 10 and am trying to figure out why. I don't seem to get the behavior if AI Traffic is disabled. AI uses a fair amount of memory, which can cause the swirling blue circle. I'm convinced there are several other possibilities, too, though.
pb321

Version: 2018.3.1

Return to Windows