Board index FlightGear Support Installation Windows

Try to get to set where executables, fg_root etc.

Installing FlightGear, scenery, aircraft etc. on Windows.

Try to get to set where executables, fg_root etc.

Postby Repair8PO » Thu May 04, 2017 2:26 am

O. S. Win 7 Professional SP1 (X64)
FG Version 2016.2.1
CPU Intel I7 @ 3.60 GHz - Ram 16 GB -
Graphics 4 GB

I am trying to get past the screen 'Start FlightGear' which shows the picture of the aircraft selected to be flown, start airport Time of day...
At the bottom of this screen is a link which is inoperable, which if I remember correctly takes you back where you can enter the
locations of the Executables, FG_Root, Aircraft, FG_Scenery, and any others as necessary. The link says please, see here.
When I click on the SEE HERE, I get the following error message 'This page Can't BE DISPLAYED make sure that the web
address http://mapserver.flightgear.org is correct.

When I click on the Fix Connection button, which follows the error message, nothing is resolved. Many thanks microsoft, Repair8PO
Repair8PO

Re: Try to get to set where executables, fg_root etc.

Postby Parnikkapore » Thu May 04, 2017 6:27 am

Is the "Run" button inoperable?
There are free alternatives to (almost) every program you encounter. You just have to find them.
Parnikkapore

Callsign: HS-FGS
Version: next

Postby Repair8PO » Thu May 04, 2017 6:49 pm

Yes the Run button is operable. But I am trying to see what I have in my current fields for Executables, FG_Root, Aircraft, FG_Scenery. I am considering moving up to fgfs 2017,1,3 which I downloaded from Source Forge yesterday. This will be my third update of the simulator and I do not want this one to become a long slog.
Repair8PO

Postby Octal450 » Thu May 04, 2017 7:49 pm

I don't understand what the issue is?
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411

Postby Parnikkapore » Fri May 05, 2017 1:23 am

Oh, ok...
For versions before 2017.2.0*, click on the "Add-ons" tab. Here you can set FG_SCENERY and FG_AIRCRAFT, and also ask to change (or view) FG_ROOT.

The Start FlightGear launcher is built into the executable, so the executable path is not needed.

* In the current development version,
the layout of the launcher has been changed. The tab selector is moved to the side!
There are free alternatives to (almost) every program you encounter. You just have to find them.
Parnikkapore

Callsign: HS-FGS

Postby Repair8PO » Sun May 07, 2017 4:41 pm

5/7/17
Previously in FG Version 2016.2.1 I have been able to view this screen and see what I have entered into these fields. Now that I can get into view the screen (MANY THANKS) the data is not there.
The fields are blank. I set this up several years (and computers) ago. So if I understand the last response correctly, everything will be asked for or determined when you first run 2017.2.0*.

This issue can then be closed to the above response, with many thanks... Repair8PO
Repair8PO

Postby Repair8PO » Sun May 14, 2017 4:07 pm

I have moved on to using FGFS 2017.1.3 which I down loaded from Source Forge about 10 days ago. Previously I have used two 2016 versions od the simulator and have been
pleasantly surprised by the improvements in the 2017 version that I am now using. As I stated in my last post, this issue can be closed since I am no longer using the version
that I was having the problem with. Many thanks . Repair8PO
Repair8PO

Return to Windows