Board index FlightGear Support Installation Windows

I need help with sha256sums installation

Installing FlightGear, scenery, aircraft etc. on Windows.

I need help with sha256sums installation

Postby Bigolddadddy » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:30 pm

Hello, I'm new to flightgear and i need help with installing scenery and sha256sums where to install the last. I'v have a feeling that those file's are importend in FG 3.4 on a win 7 pc. My installation folder is on my F drive.
Sincerely Yours,
Alexander
Bigolddadddy

Re: I need help with sha256sums installation

Postby Martien van der P. » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:44 pm

For scenery you could use terrasync, read more about it here: http://wiki.flightgear.org/TerraSync
Martien van der P.

Callsign: MV-DP
Version: 2020.3.4

Re: I need help with sha256sums installation

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:37 pm

use terrasync only if you have a fast connection... it works on slow (eg: my 3Meg DSL) but if you fly a fast craft at high speeds you will run out of terrain below and FGFS will complain (in its log file)... unless this has been fixed, not even circling back and coming again can get the new terrain to come on in... admittedly, i haven't tried this any more since i used terramaster to download the entire world and that took several days... i have enabled terrasync in a few cases to pull updated airports but then turned it right back off...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Windows