Board index FlightGear Support Installation Mac

How to improve scenery

Installing FlightGear, scenery, aircraft etc. on Mac.

How to improve scenery

Postby kemosabe » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:44 am

Hi.

New to FG. I have auto install scenery turned on. However, what comes up at local small airport (Trenton, NJ) is not realistic. Can anyone point me to where I can install "real" scenery?

Also, I can get 2D instrument panel in C172P. But when it's on, the panel blocks the whole window. I'd like to be able to try flying with the instruments in 2D panel.

Thank you.
kemosabe

Re: How to improve scenery

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:10 pm

kemosabe wrote in Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:44 am:New to FG. I have auto install scenery turned on. However, what comes up at local small airport (Trenton, NJ) is not realistic. Can anyone point me to where I can install "real" scenery?

when you are in the sim, hit F10 to toggle the menu bar at the top on/off... then check your View->Rendering settings... on the right half, what is your buildings option set to?

kemosabe wrote in Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:44 am:Also, I can get 2D instrument panel in C172P. But when it's on, the panel blocks the whole window. I'd like to be able to try flying with the instruments in 2D panel.

i'm not sure what you're asking... the c172p has been remodeled and most of the 2D stuff removed other than that 2D panel i think you are talking about... there is an instrument only option, IIRC... you can find more craft settings in the F10 menu bar in the c172p tab...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby kemosabe » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:40 am

thanks, wkitty42. by the way, is there a way to see flight instruments when you are viewing aircraft from outside (follow, tower, etc.)?
kemosabe

Postby erik » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:00 am

You can not turn on the instruments in exterior view, but you can turn on the Head Up Display (HUD) uing the 'h' key.
Toggle it once to show it on and after that twice to turn it off again.

Erik
Current: Parachutist, Paraglider, Pterosaur, Pilatus PC-9M and variants, ERCO Ercoupe, Fokker Dr.1, Fokker 50, Fokker 100
Less active: Cessna T-37, T-38, Santa Claus. Previous: General Dynamics F-16. Worked on: Wright Flyer
erik

Postby kemosabe » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:58 am

Erik, thanks. HUD ought to do it.
kemosabe

Return to Mac